Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
A whole lot of people are extolling the wonderfulness that is spring and longer days and such.

As someone that has to wake up and leave for work at o'dark thirty, these longer days really mess with me...as in "Crap, it's 6:45p, we haven't had dinner yet, and my optimum bed time is between 8 and 9."

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I have so much chocolate candy in this house, and now I want Starburst.
Anybody want candy canes? We have a few left from Christmas.
2018. They’re still good.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Recently my mom got a radon test done at her house in Ames, and it was above the threshold. This got me thinking, so I went ahead and got one done at my place by a professional. Results came back at 6.2; EPA recommendation is under 4. So I'll be getting a radon mitigation system, especially with a baby on the way.

Iowa has a high rate of radon, so if this is something you haven't had tested, you might want to consider it.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropy and oldman

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Recently my mom got a radon test done at her house in Ames, and it was above the threshold. This got me thinking, so I went ahead and got one done at my place by a professional. Results came back at 6.2; EPA recommendation is under 4. So I'll be getting a radon mitigation system, especially with a baby on the way.

Iowa has a high rate of radon, so if this is something you haven't had tested, you might want to consider it.
Do they test only the lowest level or is it done in the living space of a home?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Got into the old work blazer today. Oldest taking a study break and we are going to grab some downspout extenders to reach over the seeded ground last fall. Get in, pull the door shut and watch the driver side mirror fall off. It’s a power mirror so it’s just hanging there. Man this thing is starting to eat money.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Got into the old work blazer today. Oldest taking a study break and we are going to grab some downspout extenders to reach over the seeded ground last fall. Get in, pull the door shut and watch the driver side mirror fall off. It’s a power mirror so it’s just hanging there. Man this thing is starting to eat money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron