Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
wife was told something by a co-worker yesterday. The vaccine distribution is not being taken completely serious on many levels. Co-workers daughter is in health care and they got their vaccines, they had “leftovers” for their group so they called in people they knew like spouses and such and let them get vaccinated. So there are people who are in their early 30s, completely healthily and not in essential jobs getting vaccines already. There is supposed to be an order for priority, but it apparently isn’t being followed.
I work in accounting for healthcare and got one for this reason before my 62 year old teacher dad

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This is going to take a lot longer than some people think. End of last year they were talking summer but now, more realistically, it's going to be summer 2022.

In the past seven days, about 914,000 doses have been administered daily. If vaccination continues at this same rate, every adult in the US could be fully vaccinated by summer 2022, according to a CNN analysis.

If vaccination picks up to 1 million shots per day, in line with Biden's promise, that timeline could bump up to spring 2022.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
This is going to take a lot longer than some people think. End of last year they were talking summer but now, more realistically, it's going to be summer 2022.

In the past seven days, about 914,000 doses have been administered daily. If vaccination continues at this same rate, every adult in the US could be fully vaccinated by summer 2022, according to a CNN analysis.

If vaccination picks up to 1 million shots per day, in line with Biden's promise, that timeline could bump up to spring 2022.

How many people are we realistically expecting to get vaccinated? 50%?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Yeah with 210MM adults in the US at 1MM shots with 2 shots per person, it would take 14 months at 7 days a week.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Unfortunately, that might be right. Makes predictions like CNN's pretty meaningless.

Any prediction is meaningless...I think words like 'could' or 'may' are officially trigger words for me.

I'd like to see where we are by Aprilish and see where things are for community spread.

I have some theories having to do with case numbers estimated by the CDC a while ago but since it's not confirmed, I can't make a prediction. :)

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
How many people are we realistically expecting to get vaccinated? 50%?
I think it will eventually end up quite a bit higher. A lot of people won't get the vaccine now until they see how it affects others. Those people will get it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron