Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The guy that insulated my house really knew his stuff. ;)

18059779.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They started taking call in or online appointments for Covid vaccination at noon today. Governor was honest and said it would be like getting a ticket on Ticketmaster for a big concert. I knew that but thought I'd look since I was online anyway.

1611079909733.png

I didn't win the lottery. Pretty sure this is as far as anyone will get. LOL.

Reactions: wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They started taking call in or online appointments for Covid vaccination at noon today. Governor was honest and said it would be like getting a ticket on Ticketmaster for a big concert. I knew that but thought I'd look since I was online anyway.

View attachment 80946

I didn't win the lottery. Pretty sure this is as far as anyone will get. LOL.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just decided to do a good deed. Going to the neighbor town to give blood. Now winds picked up to near white out conditions. Of course they would now.

Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just looked out to the back yard and saw the trees really blowing around. Not Derecho-speed, but startled me. Then I remembered the weather forecast last night said it could get to mid-30s mph.
Not snowing here, so there's that.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Just looked out to the back yard and saw the trees really blowing around. Not Derecho-speed, but startled me. Then I remembered the weather forecast last night said it could get to mid-30s mph.
Not snowing here, so there's that.
Should have waited to post. It's now starting to flurry, although existing snow is melting because it's above freezing. Strange.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It has already blown through over here. Still have wind, but snow squall is over and skies are mostly blue again.

Snow spritz here, just enough on top o ice to make everything slippery for my walkabout.

As of 2:15 or so the house smells like stinky manufacturing oils burning off new furnace but cool to just set one dial for heat again.

Reactions: SaraV

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Went out to eat, researched video doorbells/cameras so pickup #2 doesn’t get stolen, fell asleep in the recliner, woke up and saw 2021 come in, went to bed. All the while realizing 2020 was like war and peace. It was the best of times and the worst of times.
That's Dickens not Tolstoy; A Tale of Two Cities.

I read a whole bunch of Dickens when I was in high school because I had the coolest volumes to read.
ToTC first page crop small.jpg
These were my great grandmother's.
Dickens crop small.jpg
Its a six volume set with over twenty of his works in it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I read a whole bunch of Dickens when I was in high school because I had the coolest volumes to read.
View attachment 80949
View attachment 80950
I need to stay in my own lane.

I have read none of those. You can name basically any novel and all I can say is,not read it.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Why would one want to make a little soup? I make a lot and usually it seems that it's not enough.
When you're the only one eating it that's all you eat for the rest of the week. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I like to mix things up a bit.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
When you're the only one eating it that's all you eat for the rest of the week. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I like to mix things up a bit.
We cook 2-3 nights per week. The rest of the time we "graze" on leftovers. We haven't really mastered downsizing from cooking for a houseful of teenaged boys. :D

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

View attachment 80949
View attachment 80950

Somewhere my mother has her mother's primer books from the early 20's with my 5 or 7 year old grandmother's writing in them. I'm claiming them as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron