Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My question is how soon before wxman's house is for sale? I'm hearing about all these improvements, but I'm guessing Mrs. Wx will soon say, we need a bigger yard and more room for the kids, new build on the way. (Hope I'm wrong Wx unless that's your plan)

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My question is how soon before wxman's house is for sale? I'm hearing about all these improvements, but I'm guessing Mrs. Wx will soon say, we need a bigger yard and more room for the kids, new build on the way. (Hope I'm wrong Wx unless that's your plan)

That is the plan but will be at least 12-18 months.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Heat peeps had three vans here. Two working and a third just delivered the furnace. He, of course got stuck on the icy alley hill and spun out sideways and got stuck there. Boxster's pail full of granite chips to the rescue, poultry grit from Carl's Feed store in Manchester. Worse now, light dusting of snow on top of the ice. Felt weird not lending a hand (distancing ****) but did have the supplies to provide.

Neighbor got spun out in same spot with his new spendy luxury sporty car. I just watched that one. :rolleyes:

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
*rubs eyes*

I'm having a @Cyclones_R_GR8 type "day off" today. Can't WAIT until my stay-cation in February.
Yesterday was a university holiday. Really? I was at my work from home desk in the dining room almost the entire time. It was like I couldn't make myself leave. I do feel better with several things I got done yesterday. However, I think I have a problem with not being able to stay away from work stuff.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
For anyone who had covid or wants to check...saw a short reminder/report of shortages in plasma donations.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Heat peeps had three vans here. Two working and a third just delivered the furnace. He, of course got stuck on the icy alley hill and spun out sideways and got stuck there. Boxster's pail full of granite chips to the rescue, poultry grit from Carl's Feed store in Manchester. Worse now, light dusting of snow on top of the ice. Felt weird not lending a hand (distancing ****) but did have the supplies to provide.

Neighbor got spun out in same spot with his new spendy luxury sporty car. I just watched that one. :rolleyes:
Well, it will most likely take a couple of hours to get the old pulled out and the new put in so hopefully you'll be getting heat by this afternoon

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ

Wait, so those Progressive ads *are* about you, Box?

(@ 0:11 mark)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Yesterday was a university holiday. Really? I was at my work from home desk in the dining room almost the entire time. It was like I couldn't make myself leave. I do feel better with several things I got done yesterday. However, I think I have a problem with not being able to stay away from work stuff.

You have way too much responsibility, missy!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wait, so those Progressive ads *are* about you, Box?

(@ 0:11 mark)

I've been in Minnesota 40 years so I have winter gear, lots of winter gear. Entire tote full of gloves, scarves, stocking caps, face masks, mittens, ski masks etc. Plus two WWII vintage sheepskins Luftwaffe winter hats (hella warm these are). Three parkas** for varying degrees of cold, one light packable parka and a ski jacket. Vintage Sorel boots and LL Bean duck shoes. Five shovels. Two snowblowers. Two roof rakes*. Both granite chips and sand for slippery wheels time.

* Couldn't find mine one year. Thought I'd loaned it to someone. Bought another. Later found original in the attic. Rarely use these other than the pole extension to knock ice/snow of my columnar white pine when it's turning them into weeping pines.

** The original Eddie Bauer mother of all parkas for
The Day After Tomorrow winter apocalypse hasn't been out of the closet in years. Too warm these days.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I always see this SUV parked along a road in Somerset when I go to the gym in the morning. Has dealer plates on it. No other cars are parked along the road except for this one. Snow we got last week the snowplow just pushed the snow around it. Since it turned colder and it all froze around it. I see that the person got it out finally after some digging/chopping The funny part is they just backed it into the same spot again. The street is clear except for where the person has is car parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.