PS Vue Going Away

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I just got an email that PS Vue is no longer going to be available at the end of January. I am bummed because I really liked it. What is everyone's favorite streaming thing out there. I had some issues with Hulu Live due to my IP address showing in a town I wasn't in for some reason and this would not allow me to get the ESPN channels. Sling didn't offer me enough of the channels I like. I am thinking Youtube TV would be the best but wanted to get everyone else's opinion.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Was thinking about getting it soon because I have a PS4 so I wouldn't need an extra device or smart tv. However, it is $5 more for the same channels as Hulu and YoutubeTV, and doesn't include my local CBS station.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Damn! I haven't gotten the email yet. But it is the one streaming service that NFL RedZone that I know of. Oh well, at least I will get through this season.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I wonder if someone might still take it over. There sports content was really good. When football season started it was between them and Hulu. Hulu is pretty good but no better than PS Vue just a little bit cheaper.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Bummer. Vue was great for cyclone sports (all the ESPN’s, fs1, etc)

Curious to figure out what the best alternative is

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Well that sucks. I’ve tried a couple others but like Vue the best. It has by far the best mix of channels for what we watch. I hated the interface with Hulu.

I guess it’s time to try YoutubeTV.

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
Have had YoutubeTv for about 18 months now & zero issues to report so far. Did the free trials of Sling, Hulu & PS Vue didn't really care for them. Use a Roku stick for one tv & Xbox for other one.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

CyJam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
I just got an email that PS Vue is no longer going to be available at the end of January. I am bummed because I really liked it. What is everyone's favorite streaming thing out there. I had some issues with Hulu Live due to my IP address showing in a town I wasn't in for some reason and this would not allow me to get the ESPN channels. Sling didn't offer me enough of the channels I like. I am thinking Youtube TV would be the best but wanted to get everyone else's opinion.

I was a long time subscriber, but moved to YouTubeTV a couple months ago. Got tired of the price hikes, even though it was the same price as YTTV.

I've been happy with YTTV, especially since they released the app for fire TV. Biggest difference is the length of time your DVR stores shows. With PSVue, I often wouldn't have time to watch shows before they were gone.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
What’s the free trial length for YouTube TV? A length isn’t advertised anywhere on their website.

Help Support Us

Become a patron