Prohm Sighting

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
This is a lot of bellyaching over a throwaway comment, and a remarkably low amount of discussion about Prohm rocking a beard w/ Beard.

It's like Ryan getting a goatee. You can't just not talk about that.

I understand but what thread is next......"that beard must be fake, Steve's not man enough to grow his own"? Or......"pretty sure I saw more gray in Steve's beard, does he own stock in "Just for Men" ? It would all be a riot if talking of his beard is what it was all about. But it's not and it never will be. You aren't dealing with rational people. Some of them took what happened in June of 2015 personally.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I understand but what thread is next......"that beard must be fake, Steve's not man enough to grow his own"? Or......"pretty sure I saw more gray in Steve's beard, does he own stock in "Just for Men" ? It would all be a riot if talking of his beard is what it was all about. But it's not and it never will be. You aren't dealing with rational people. Some of them took what happened in June of 2015 personally.
Or what happened in 2018-2021

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
When the effects of employing him and leaving the cupboards astronomically bare, compared to what he started with, continue to haunt us 2 to 3 years down the road its really not ridiculous
I agree with Velo; I do think it's pretty ridiculous. Prohm deserves criticism of his coaching, he needed to be fired, and blaming him the the teams struggles this year will be valid. But that criticism makes sense in threads about the basketball team and how they are doing. Not in threads like these.

Threads like this one are just potshots and I do think it's ridiculous to have them for a coach who by all accounts wasn't an *******, did his best, and didn't abandon the team.

Yes, he failed as Iowa State's coach, but making posts like this afterwards is dumb

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Aside from the broom, I'm not hearing much nastiness in this thread, just some complaining about a Prohm obsession and other's saying it's valid to criticize him, but through it all....

we still not talking about steve phroems beard.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't even care about the overall record to be honest. It's the blowouts and 0-18 which I care about.

That happens with everybody. That's when you know it's probably over. I won't go there yet with Klieman at KSU yet but when you give a presser that starts with begging the media to be more positive I've got some concerns.

Seeing teams find out that they could turn their effort on and off while still beating us with ease also got old.
Kind of part of the 0-18/2-22 combo, but just a really bad thing to watch.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Can anyone actually vouch that he's a good guy? Or is that just an assumption because he supposedly attended weekly religious services?

That Steve would take a student (at the time) out to lunch? I agree, he's a great guy. But it's a business and if you aren't doing the job you are paid to do, you're not going to last long at that place of business.

One of the former students that worked in Cyclone Alley. Worked closely with Prohm.

• Informative
Reactions: NoCreativity

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
One of the former students that worked in Cyclone Alley. Worked closely with Prohm.
I can vouch that Steve was always a good guy to me. I think one of his biggest issues that held him back from being a successful coach was being almost too nice. It appeared he wanted to be everyone's friend. For example, any other coach in America would've shipped Cam Lard out of town a lot sooner. I think that niceness caused a lot of the locker room issues.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Take out the comment about Prohm running the broom. Isn't it somewhat newsworthy that he showed up at Texas practice, in a beard no less....for coach Beard!!!!!

Is it an audition? A sign?

I don't think discussing something a reporter felt worthy enough to tweet about is obession. Nor was anyone here really bashing, but there was almost a preemptive reaction to that, just given that his name was brought up.
Prohm was on rod dausters pod cast with Fran Fraschilla previewing big 12 basketball. He mentioned he was going to go the texas practice. I believe he is contributor to the field of 68 podcast this year.