Prohm got pissed

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I just know I heard it clearly in the upper deck corner and obviously Prohm heard it clearly. I thought it was south side lower section, but can’t be sure.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I was watching on facebook live and saw Prohm’s reaction but didn’t know what it was for. For those there, how loud/audible was it? Obviously loud and clear enough for Prohm to hear, but could the entire arena clearly hear it?

we were sitting up high behind the basket and you could hear it clear as day.

• Agree
Reactions: BryceC

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
After game for the seniors celebration. He made a comment about not playing as well the last few weeks. Some ******* yells out “You can say that again”. Prohm sarcastically says thanks for your support. Then thinks about it and turns it up a couple notches. Stating that the team took a real step forward today and thanked the real fans. Was definitely pissed.
Before I get accused... it wasn’t me. I’m might be an ******* but I am not a ****.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You can clearly tell that sound did NOT come from the lower section.
It came down...and to the right.
Down....and to the right.
DOWN...and to the right.
And some witnesses heard TWO voices at the time of the incident...not just one.
Clearly, not just the work of CycloneErik.

I was sitting right behind the Iowa State bench. I heard one person. Not loud. But audible because everyone had gotten quiet for Prohm.

I thought it came from across the floor on the lower level. Maybe Section 130, 131, or 132. High row, not near the floor.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Also, I was sitting near the corner that leads to the locker room. Prohm didn't smile once after his speech was done. He headed straight to the locker room with a very stern ("I better not say a word") look on his face.

It was tough enough to have a Senior Night after a loss and the last week that we have had. Really disappointed that someone stays for the honoring of seniors and can't keep that statement to himself.

Last edited:

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Hey Final42b,

Why the "dislike" for my post earlier in the thread? Do you support someone behaving like a total jacka$$ towards the team after a tough loss on Senior Day?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hey Final42b,

Why the "dislike" for my post earlier in the thread? Do you support someone behaving like a total jacka$$ towards the team after a tough loss on Senior Day?
The only person that gave this steaming take a thumbs up:
bout time he gets mad this golly gee good ole boy act is getting old real fast.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think Prohm shows more fire than we all know. We don’t see the behind the scenes stuff.
He hasn’t been afraid to sit players even against really tough opponents. TBH, it’s probably cost us games but has hopefully helped these guys lives.
A lot of coaches probably don’t value the character side of basketball as much as he does.