Preseason poll ...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’d take 10,000 to 1 that OU makes the CCG. Interested?
I'm in. LOL

OU still has dudes, I just hope they don't figure it out. A win in Norman clearly isn't as impressive at all compared to what it would have been in years past.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I used Mred, updated the previous results, left it at Default for remainder, this is the snapshot for that. I might do a full run-through later for what I’d project, based on what we’ve seen so far ... KU will lose some games, but I can't so finishing 0-7 (kind of a vice-versa for Iowa State).

1. Okla St (8 - 1)
2. Oklahoma (7 - 2)
3. Texas (6 - 3)
Defeated Baylor and TCU based on round-robin record (2-0).
4. Baylor (6 - 3) Defeated TCU and lost to Texas based on round-robin record (1-1).
5. TCU (6 - 3) Lost to Texas and Baylor based on round-robin record (0-2).
6. Kansas St (4 - 5)
7. Iowa St (3 - 6)
Defeated Texas Tech based on head-to-head wins (1-0).
8. Texas Tech (3 - 6) Lost to Iowa St based on head-to-head wins (0-1).
9. Kansas (2 - 7)
10. W Virginia (0 - 9)

• Haha
Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It will be. One of the nations top running teams against one of the nations top run defenses. Martinez is a hell of a running back. We'll see if he can get anything done through the air, because if you are going to give me Heacock against a 1 dimensional offense I will take that all day long.
Yep. It will be the most interesting tactical battle for this game, ISU's defense v. K-State run game. Klieman seems to avoid chucking it like Woody Hayes. But to this point in time, sans Tulane, it hasn't been necessary. Cyclones will likely go man and load the box to counter. Then, what will Collin Klein call up and how will AMart deliver? IDK.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I used Mred, updated the previous results, left it at Default for remainder, this is the snapshot for that. I might do a full run-through later for what I’d project, based on what we’ve seen so far ... KU will lose some games, but I can't so finishing 0-7 (kind of a vice-versa for Iowa State).

1. Okla St (8 - 1)
2. Oklahoma (7 - 2)
3. Texas (6 - 3)
Defeated Baylor and TCU based on round-robin record (2-0).
4. Baylor (6 - 3) Defeated TCU and lost to Texas based on round-robin record (1-1).
5. TCU (6 - 3) Lost to Texas and Baylor based on round-robin record (0-2).
6. Kansas St (4 - 5)
7. Iowa St (3 - 6)
Defeated Texas Tech based on head-to-head wins (1-0).
8. Texas Tech (3 - 6) Lost to Iowa St based on head-to-head wins (0-1).
9. Kansas (2 - 7)
10. W Virginia (0 - 9)
You might want to find a new analyst. OU winning out and Ku going winless? Highly unlikely for OU.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
You might want to find a new analyst. OU winning out and Ku going winless? Highly unlikely for OU.
Well, as I said, those are using the defaults I'm sure it was set up prior to season, not sure how often it's updated. I think for basketball it's updated routinely, but I'm not sure of timetable.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well, as I said, those are using the defaults I'm sure it was set up prior to season, not sure how often it's updated. I think for basketball it's updated routinely, but I'm not sure of timetable.
Surly being critical about anything given the amount of shitposting they do is quite hilarious.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ad hominem
67BaZL.gif

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
AMart had 171 yards rushing v. TxT, so it's probably more than just playing in Norman. It will be fun watching how ISU's defense goes about shutting down K-State's run game.
It is clear, it has been figured out he is much better running than throwing. But that was something that teams did not appear to be prepared for the last couple weeks. It will depend on how well teams are able to defend the run, from him and Deuce, Which really is what I have said all along. Defend KSU run attack and you limit them drastically. The issue is it is more of a 2 dimensional run game now with AMart and Deuce, which makes it more of a challenge.

Reactions: swiacy and surly

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It is clear, it has been figured out he is much better running than throwing. But that was something that teams did not appear to be prepared for the last couple weeks. It will depend on how well teams are able to defend the run, from him and Deuce, Which really is what I have said all along. Defend KSU run attack and you limit them drastically. The issue is it is more of a 2 dimensional run game now with AMart and Deuce, which makes it more of a challenge.
It’s like playing a service academy. And those guys can win games but their ceiling is always going to be pretty low.

• Haha
Reactions: surly and 2speedy1

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The KU QB was getting some Heisman chatter prior to Saturday but that has faded after their 200ish yard performance against ISU/Heacock. Take away the interception and 20 yard drive for a TD & ISU shut down KU. Our New QB had the deer in the headlights & zilch running game made for a poor showing. I expect Heacock will have a plan for Martinez but their tiny quick RB could be a problem. Should be a nail biter.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
So, you go all ad hominem because you can't write something rational as an explanation for the "low ceiling" comment, right? I'd just like you to explain your position rather than flipping the bird at me. Very ungentlemanly on your part, by the way, JM.

Ayagi

Sep 27, 2021
So, you go all ad hominem because you can't write something rational as an explanation for the "low ceiling" comment, right? I'd just like you to explain your position rather than flipping the bird at me. Very ungentlemanly on your part, by the way, JM.
Surlysurly.jpg

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron