Preseason poll ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
K-State's best case scenario is 5-4....
It would be a good time to force rank coaches after this season. Starting from the bottom up. I'll put Neil Brown at #10, still thinking he's probably better than his record.

Who wants to pick #9 based on these three parameters: history, this year, and who you'd hire if you could?

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Okay, I'll do #9 but you boys need to contribute here with 8, 7 and so on. Coming in at nine is Brent Venables. Another year like this one and he's a gooner-goner. You're next, who is at #8?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You never did answer my question @surly , but how do you feel about that "grossly underrated" take now? My guess is you would take 5th place in conference right now if offered it. Klieman is a mediocre coach and Martinez is a garbage QB. We all tried to tell you this pre-season but some people have to learn the hard way.
I feel like I should answer this but it's really needless now even though it's been gnawing at me for a long time.

• Haha
  • Dumb
Reactions: NorthCyd and Lineup

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Now we've gone and done it. Cue the apologists.
Thing is I've been trying to stay out of Surlys way. Surlys already called me out on this. I was wrong and Surly was right and I acknowledged that already, but I guess that's not good enough.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Thing is I've been trying to stay out of Surlys way. Surlys already called me out on this. I was wrong and Surly was right and I acknowledged that already, but I guess that's not good enough.

It isn't enough to acknowledge that a preseason/early-season guess was incorrect. You must repent for even trying!

I think that's the rule for this thread.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
The thread is instructive, boys. We should all be a bit more circumspect about preseason polls which are often little more than clickbait trash.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The thread is instructive, boys. We should all be a bit more circumspect about preseason polls which are often little more than clickbait trash.
Then why don't you quit posting about them, girl. Guess you're into trash.

Reactions: VeloClone

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Then why don't you quit posting about them, girl. Guess you're into trash.
Just making an point about how absurd some of the comments were before the season played out, so we don't repeat ourselves year after year. As I wrote, it's instructive. This is a forum after all.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Just making an point about how absurd some of the comments were before the season played out, so we don't repeat ourselves year after year. As I wrote, it's instructive.
How many times do you need to make your point?