Preseason poll ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Grossly underrated? I'm afraid to ask, but what place do you think K-State belongs in conference? 2nd? 1st?
You never did answer my question @surly , but how do you feel about that "grossly underrated" take now? My guess is you would take 5th place in conference right now if offered it. Klieman is a mediocre coach and Martinez is a garbage QB. We all tried to tell you this pre-season but some people have to learn the hard way.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You never did answer my question @surly , but how do you feel about that "grossly underrated" take now? My guess is you would take 5th place in conference right now if offered it. Klieman is a mediocre coach and Martinez is a garbage QB. We all tried to tell you this pre-season but some people have to learn the hard way.

Hitching your wagon to Martinez was a big mistake. He had 4 years of tape from Nebby.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm guessing top third when it all plays out. 5th may be the number though. We'll just have to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: Tailg8er

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I'm guessing top third when it all plays out.
He had a great game. He's had a few of those in the past. Did a light switch flip in the 4th game of his senior season and he'll play like an all conference QB the rest of the season? Possible.... but very doubtful. We'll see.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm guessing top third when it all plays out. 5th may be the number though. We'll just have to watch.
Calm ur titties, surly. The game was one piece of data. There’s so many other games in his career where he’s often a mess. Consistently performing at that level is what’s always been his problem. Christ, he lost to Tulane the week before.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Calm ur titties, surly. The game was one piece of data. There’s so many other games in his career where he’s often a mess. Consistently performing at that level is what’s always been his problem. Christ, he lost to Tulane the week before.
Did you read what I wrote rather than focus on anatomy?

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Did you read what I wrote rather than focus on anatomy?

8Yfw.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JP4CY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I believe his best game ever or close to it, until last week was against OU last year while at Nebby. Maybe the guy just plays well in that stadium. Probably should have went to OU, because he is a mess most everywhere else. But I guess we will see, maybe he had the yips for all these years and finally got over them. He had more yards this week than the 3 weeks combine, and by a lot.

But we also have our own demons to get rid of, ours just are the ones that wear stripes. As usual.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I believe his best game ever or close to it, until last week was against OU last year while at Nebby. Maybe the guy just plays well in that stadium. Probably should have went to OU, because he is a mess most everywhere else. But I guess we will see, maybe he had the yips for all these years and finally got over them. He had more yards this week than the 3 weeks combine, and by a lot.

But we also have our own demons to get rid of, ours just are the ones that wear stripes. As usual.
AMart had 171 yards rushing v. TxT, so it's probably more than just playing in Norman. It will be fun watching how ISU's defense goes about shutting down K-State's run game.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If ISU loses this weekend there is a clear bottom third in the league of ISU, TTU, and WVU. Any of the other 7 could make the CCG without surprising me

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
If ISU loses this weekend there is a clear bottom third in the league of ISU, TTU, and WVU. Any of the other 7 could make the CCG without surprising me
OU is terrible. No way they get to the championship. TxT is dangerous. They'll win some B12 games. Neal Brown likely gone at year's end.

Last edited:

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
OU is terrible. No way they get to the championship. TxT is dangerous. They'll win some more games. Neal Brown likely gone at year's end.

I’d take 10,000 to 1 that OU makes the CCG. Interested?

• Funny
Reactions: surly

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
AMart had 171 yards rushing v. TxT, so it's probably more than just playing in Norman. It will be fun watching how ISU's defense goes about shutting down K-State's run game.
It will be. One of the nations top running teams against one of the nations top run defenses. Martinez is a hell of a running back. We'll see if he can get anything done through the air, because if you are going to give me Heacock against a 1 dimensional offense I will take that all day long.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Purple power ain't getting there either. You can't get to the CCG with a one-dimensional offense.

Reactions: VeloClone