Prediction for USC/UCLA postmortem.

Which scenario do you predict is most likely? (Not necessarily what you prefer).

• BIG 10 is done (for now). The Big 12 poaches its pick of the PAC 12.

• BIG 10 grabs few more PAC 12 (i.e. Oregon). The Big 12 takes PAC 12 leftovers.

• The PAC 12 raids the Big 12 to survive. Iowa State is not one of them.

• The PAC 12 raids the Big 12 to survive. Iowa State is one of them.

• The PAC 12 survives like the Big 12 did last year by picking up schools like Fresno.

• The Big 12 is raided by multiple conferences. Iowa State is AAC or Conference USA bound.

• The Big 12 is raided by multiple conference. Iowa State ends up in a better conference.

• The ACC and the PAC 12 implode due to BIG and SEC. The Big 12 raids PAC 12 and the ACC.

• The Big 12 and PAC 12 merge.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
This list does not show all options discussed ad nauseum in other threads but does at least give us a chance to call your shot.

Reactions: HouClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The big 12 takes PAC 12 teams is my opinion. Followed by the ACC trying to grab and then the big ten and SEC mini raid the ACC and we have a P4 set up.

Reactions: cyclone1209

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
According to Finebaum and ESPN..... MWC will be taking teams from the Big 12. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Reactions: cycloneML

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
BIG 12 should be moving aggressively to add the PAC 12 schools. Having a west coast conference is a good thing.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
This list does not show all options discussed ad nauseum in other threads but does at least give us a chance to call your shot.
Added one option for a full merger of the PAC leftovers and Big 12.

JRJ

Jan 20, 2014
I am not in favor of any of this for the record. However, the separation of the B1G/SEC from the remainder is going to be extreme from a $, exposure, NIL, media and especially recruiting standpoints. The top talent is going to want to be in these leagues and that will significantly dilute the talent outside those leagues. For a school like Iowa, WI, etc. they will probably get better players, but the odds of winning anything conference related are reduced significantly. Does not mean they cannot still make an occasional expanded playoff.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is the desperate move to recently add the 4 weak sisters now a regrettable move?

BYU should've been added 12 years ago. Fastest growing state, massive AD/stadium, national following.

Even when it was about "pieces of a pie" the added as much as they took. They fit the direction we'd possibly be expanding.

Cincy/Houston/UCF...tbd.

WVU is probably the most likely Big 12 team to leave now if top 6 of ACC bolt years down the road. I'd get why they'd prefer to be in ACC Leftovers league...if they leave then Cincy/UCF maybe is weird and we should've just been a central and western league. Houston is probably fine to have 3 strong in Texas and historically it's just luck they weren't in a major conference. There will be rumors of KU and CU (assuming they join B12) joining Big Ten but I just think if they wanted those teams they'd have had them by now.

UCF is such a wild card, who the F knows. If they pan out into some juggernaut they could be a "who cares they are on an island".

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I wish the Big 12 had just added Cincy and BYU, and not Houston or UCF.

Why? Plenty of room under the tent for everyone - why is 16 sacred vs 18 or 20 or 24?

Plus we're gonna have the ACC leftovers eventually too.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I put the Big12 will raid Pac leftovers after Oregon/UW go to the B1G. But I think it will take a hot minute while Notre Dame is on the clock first.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Screw that - call Clemson FSU, Oregon, Washington and Miami and build the best conference now. big 12 could pay the exit fees up front destabilize everything including the next SEC poach
The ACC GOR is til 2036 ain't nobody going to pay that out.

Reactions: brett108

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The ACC GOR is til 2036 ain't nobody going to pay that out.

Hard disagree here. The ACC payout is paltry and nearly half of SEC/B1G payout (actually $32M vs $54M currently). SEC's annual is climbing while ACC's is locked for 12 more years. ACC simply made a crappy deal. Clemson, Miami, FSU could easily jump to SEC, and a couple others to B1G and make more even after paying back their GOR. I think the ACC is dead soon too.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I think the big 12 will do whatever fox and espn allow/ pay for
IMO ESPN and Fox will not be in play for the Big12 or Pac12.

Fox is going to be HEAVILY invested in Big10 and 8-10 games/week is probably good. Plus they are going to want to be a player in the 8 or 12 team playoff.

ESPN is going to have to finance the SEC post UT/OU and potential other adds. Plus ESPN is on the hook for the ACC Network until 2036. Even if the ACC falls apart, that $ will be need to pay for any ACC to SEC moves at current dollars.

Seems to me the Big12/Pac12 are going to need NBC/Peacock, CBS/Paramount+, Amazon or Apple+ to step up. This could work out well since the Big12/Pac12 combination is the last conference media package available until 2030's.

The only exception is Notre Dame agreement with NBC is up 2025 (I believe).

Reactions: Rods79

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hard disagree here. The ACC payout is paltry and nearly half of SEC/B1G payout (actually $32M vs $54M currently). SEC's annual is climbing while ACC's is locked for 12 more years. ACC simply made a crappy deal. Clemson, Miami, FSU could easily jump to SEC, and a couple others to B1G and make more even after paying back their GOR. I think the ACC is dead soon too.
Usually the GORs also mentions damages. That could amount to a lot more than just their cut.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron