Prediction for USC/UCLA postmortem.

Which scenario do you predict is most likely? (Not necessarily what you prefer).

• BIG 10 is done (for now). The Big 12 poaches its pick of the PAC 12.

• BIG 10 grabs few more PAC 12 (i.e. Oregon). The Big 12 takes PAC 12 leftovers.

• The PAC 12 raids the Big 12 to survive. Iowa State is not one of them.

• The PAC 12 raids the Big 12 to survive. Iowa State is one of them.

• The PAC 12 survives like the Big 12 did last year by picking up schools like Fresno.

• The Big 12 is raided by multiple conferences. Iowa State is AAC or Conference USA bound.

• The Big 12 is raided by multiple conference. Iowa State ends up in a better conference.

• The ACC and the PAC 12 implode due to BIG and SEC. The Big 12 raids PAC 12 and the ACC.

• The Big 12 and PAC 12 merge.

Results are only viewable after voting.

clonestuckincedarrapids

Sep 7, 2017
This whole "second tier" thing is complete BS and something Hok fans are trying to say to belittle Cyclone fans. No matter what happens, there are still just as many high school football players who want to play college football. It's not like the talent pool is going to shrink. SEC and Big 10 teams can still only start 22 guys per team. Cincinnati made the college football playoff last year as a "second tier" league.
It won’t be immediate, I certainly agree with that. But the difference of money between the top tier conferences and everyone is going to be staggering. They’ll act as a semi pro league scooping up much of the talent. What drives me the most crazy is that teams like Northwestern get grandfathered in because of dumb luck.

Reactions: exCYtable

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
It won’t be immediate, I certainly agree with that. But the difference of money between the top tier conferences and everyone is going to be staggering. They’ll act as a semi pro league scooping up much of the talent. What drives me the most crazy is that teams like Northwestern get grandfathered in because of dumb luck.
For now.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It seems so weird that schools with a good football history like Okie State and Virginia Tech will not be playing big boy football but Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Indiana, and Vanderbilt will. Something is not right.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
It seems so weird that schools with a good football history like Okie State and Virginia Tech will not be playing big boy football but Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Indiana, and Vanderbilt will. Something is not right.
One thing we have to remember is that half of teams in these conferences aren't that good but they just happen to be in big population areas or already have history with that conference.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Cannon fodder… just like FCS teams they’ll be making bank for taking huge losses year in and year out. Paid handsomely for allowing mid-capability teams (cough: Iowa) to have some wins.