Pollard on Cyclone Club Level Changes

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

With NIL, this is the new price of playing ball. It's not even Brock Purdy and Breece Hall getting free furniture from Homemakers. To compete it will need to be Cyclone fans making sure football recruits get cars and five figure and up deals. You don't have to like it, but its the new Power 5 marketplace.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

With NIL, this is the new price of playing ball. It's not even Brock Purdy and Breece Hall getting free furniture from Homemakers. To compete it will need to be Cyclone fans making sure football recruits get cars and five figure and up deals. You don't have to like it, but its the new Power 5 marketplace.

I’m not going to like it and I’m not going to help perpetuate it.

Reactions: Macloney

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
The best idea Im seeing is having a “per seat” donation amount rather than groups of 4+. I would have joined Cyclone Club sooner had I been able to donate half of the donation level and got 2 seats instead of 4. It took until this year for me to decide to team up with friends and split tickets. Which is a pain that we shouldn’t have to do. I have other friends that have one kid and only want 3. Forcing 4 is just kinda dumb the more I think of it.

Reactions: cymonw1980

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I am guessing the alumi association has nothing to do with athletics, correct? When I lived in Denver, game watches were an absolute blast and really the only reason I would get together with other cyclone fans (besides the people I knew from school). There has to be a way to incentivize donations through those clubs.
I’m trying to figure out what my benefits for the alumni association are. Joined again this year and besides a tumbler, I don’t know.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
First point above is true. We gave our regular donation last year and purchased no tickets so we got full deduction

Second point above is a good, untapped revenue builder. Just doubling from $50 to $100 on 6000 donors will raise $300k which is half the projected amount of profits that alcohol sales would bring in. Parking could easily go to $200 for the season.

Third point above, Donors already can buy more seats by making an additional 25% donation at the seating level. We have personally done this for five seats in men's basketball for several years
Alcohol is the tricky part. How many Sukup seats are sold for that reason. Those are not highly desirable seats. I think a big portion of the alcohol sales are already realized with the special sections.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
I’m trying to figure out what my benefits for the alumni association are. Joined again this year and besides a tumbler, I don’t know.

I quit the alumni association a couple years back. Other than getting 10 extra points for priority in the Cyclone Club and discounts........nothing.

Although, from an ISU sports value, people measure our fan base by this, twitter, etc.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

You got a tumbler? I didn't get a tumbler! How did you get a tumbler?

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
For the record, the ISU Alumni calendar is fantastic. It is the one I put up on my office wall.

My wife is still a member of the alumni association and we got our 2022 calendar which was 1 page folded up calendar. I don't know if this is the replacement for the normal calendar they send out or not.

They shouldn't waste their time sending the Visions magazine out. Seems like that's probably what they spend most of the fees on. Send a link to the magazine if you want people to read it.