• Total voters

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Here is the deal with TJ. Nobody knows for certain whether or not he would be successful. Who can honestly say they were completely certain CMC would be this successful? Anyone who says they were certain is full of it. I just hope Pollard does his due diligence before making a decision. I trust he will and will fully support ISU’s next mens BB coach.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Tim Miles is who he's worked with the most.

Tim wasn't a bad coach. Considering how tough that NU job is......he did fairly well. But back to ISU......unless JP opens up the checkbook and gets an Altman or a Matta....then Smith and Moser seem to be the best bets in the mid major category.

Reactions: hoosman and aauummm

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Here is the deal with TJ. Nobody knows for certain whether or not he would be successful. Who can honestly say they were completely certain CMC would be this successful? Anyone who says they were certain is full of it. I just hope Pollard does his due diligence before making a decision. I trust he will and will fully support ISU’s next mens BB coach.
Matt Campbell was successful at Toledo. TJ is not successful at UNLV. Not trying to knock you but that’s not the greatest example. We should be hiring a coach that was successful at his previous destination. (The only exception I would make to that is Hoiberg because he proved he can win here)

Last edited:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Tim wasn't a bad coach. Considering how tough that NU job is......he did fairly well. But back to ISU......unless JP opens up the checkbook and gets an Altman or a Matta....then Smith and Moser seem to be the best bets in the mid major category.
I think we all know that JP isn't the "open the checkbook" type.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Does he make as much as our football coach? Because that's what it will take to bring in some of the big names people have requested. We know Jamie isn't paying MBB more than Campbell.

Of course not. The point is JP was willing to pay up for a name coach when the wrestling program was in trouble. Hoping he has a similar mindset with this hire.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Does he make as much as our football coach? Because that's what it will take to bring in some of the big names people have requested. We know Jamie isn't paying MBB more than Campbell.

Like I responded to your previous post. He better think about paying up because like so many have said the last 6 seasons......the Big 12 isn't amateur hour.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron