• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Something that's not a bug but I would like to see if there was some way to change the https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ to "Latest" instead of "New Posts" because that is actually a list of the newest threads. That was the functionality before when you hit the forums link. Not sure if it's possible and it's not a big deal, just reworking my muscle memory

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I feel like there needs to be more space between the text of the post and the start of the signature, or just get rid of signatures. It seems less readable now for some reason, like everything is crammed together.
Yeah, it seems like there a lot going on and it's difficult to easily pick out the actual posts. Especially, when someone quotes a post.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
There are a couple things I’d like to see.

Being able to advance pages on the top and bottom of the page like it was previously. It’s currently only on the bottom.

The default to “latest” instead of “new posts” as previously mentioned. With this, it would be nice to have a button that goes back to the “latest” posts along side the back button that takes you back to the individual forum.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Something that's not a bug but I would like to see if there was some way to change the https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/ to "Latest" instead of "New Posts" because that is actually a list of the newest threads. That was the functionality before when you hit the forums link. Not sure if it's possible and it's not a big deal, just reworking my muscle memory

The developer tells me this should be fixed. He said he also bumped up the default font for everyone.

Tony Gunk

Jul 12, 2017
NE Iowa
On dark mode, the red unread hypertext links are hard to read. Can that be changed? Otherwise, I went dark mode with large font and really like it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
There are a couple things I’d like to see.

Being able to advance pages on the top and bottom of the page like it was previously. It’s currently only on the bottom.

The default to “latest” instead of “new posts” as previously mentioned. With this, it would be nice to have a button that goes back to the “latest” posts along side the back button that takes you back to the individual forum.

I see it at the top on desktop.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
If on desktop and scrolled down in a thread, when I click the 3 bars right next to the CycloneFanatic logo it, the sidebar with Home / News / Podcasts etc. comes up but I have to scroll all the way to the top to get to it.

Hope that makes sense.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If on desktop and scrolled down in a thread, when I click the 3 bars right next to the CycloneFanatic logo it, the sidebar with Home / News / Podcasts etc. comes up but I have to scroll all the way to the top to get to it.

Hope that makes sense.

For similar reasons- In the prior version, since the forum link was in the header (which remained at the top of the screen when scrolling iirc), going back to the main forum\new posts page was just a click away. Now that's gone, and you have to scroll way back to the top of the page to get to the one in the sidebar. If that sidebar remained visible no matter where you were on the page, it would remain useful for going back to the main page even at the bottom

Last edited:

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Is there still a button to go to first unread post in a thread?