Peloton vs Echelon vs Mirror vs. Tonal

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Need some classic CF user reviews on connected home cycling workout machines and “reflective type” home workout apparatuses. Who has one of these? What do you love about them? What sucks? Do you feel they are worth their respective prices? Have you stayed engaged over time?

I’m a free weights guy and the only thing that keeps me off of my bike outside is dangerous conditions, but the wife isn’t so hardy so being able to share something would be a bonus.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Never seen the mirror ones before, they look stupid. Peloton seems cool, and Rory Mcilroy does Peloton, you could carry 340 and not have to look like that dumb **** Dechambeau.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
3j1s91.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and dosry5

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I don't have any, but you can get an exercise bike on Amazon for $200 + a bench, cheap squat rack that can be used for either bench press or squats, and plates for well under $1K. So many youtube videos out there and beach body is free right now.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
We have a Peloton that my wife loves. I ride outside when I can and hate riding on my trainer, but I don’t mind riding the peloton and generally enjoy it. It’s definitely pricey, and I haven’t tried much beyond the spinning and yoga classes but it’s pretty high quality.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
We just pulled the trigger on NordicTrack's version of the Peloton:

I chose it because it has auto-adjusting elevation/resistance, has instructor led trail rides, integrates with google maps for elevation changes on road rides, and includes a year of their iFit service in the price. Not needing clip in pedals probably isn't a big deal for you, but I don't have them so having the cage pedals is also a plus for us. We won't actually get it for a few more weeks due to such high demand, so no actual review to speak of here..

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We just pulled the trigger on NordicTrack's version of the Peloton:

I chose it because it has auto-adjusting elevation/resistance, has instructor led trail rides, integrates with google maps for elevation changes on road rides, and includes a year of their iFit service in the price. Not needing clip in pedals probably isn't a big deal for you, but I don't have them so having the cage pedals is also a plus for us. We won't actually get it for a few more weeks due to such high demand, so no actual review to speak of here..

Im definitely going to check this one out.

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
We have a Peloton that my wife loves. I ride outside when I can and hate riding on my trainer, but I don’t mind riding the peloton and generally enjoy it. It’s definitely pricey, and I haven’t tried much beyond the spinning and yoga classes but it’s pretty high quality.

Which trainer do you have for your bike? Debating getting one for winter. Why might I dislike the trainer? Did you and your wife ever swap out each others bikes on the trainer?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Which trainer do you have for your bike? Debating getting one for winter. Why might I dislike the trainer? Did you and your wife ever swap out each others bikes on the trainer?
That’s where it’s not a great comparison as I just had a fluid trainer. If I was able to set it up as a pain cave with a wahoo kickr or similar I probably would have preferred that and zwift.
My wife doesn’t really bike so I couldn’t sell her on that route.
For me the coaches/class setting keep you focused and moving and not thinking about slight discomforts and things like that. Also good at making you mix up your riding in ways you might not do on your own.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I have a peloton, I like riding outside more, but lets be honest riding in Dec in Iowa sucks. So I ride the peloton. Since WFH started with covid I have been using it a lot more. It is easy to get a workout and shower in over an hour lunch break. I personally enjoy it a lot.

Obligatory, if you decide to get one, PM me, I can give you a $100 off code as a referral.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron