Pay for performance ...

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Mark Few at #50 also stands out. Boeheim at #43. A ton of underperforming coaches on that list, like McCaffery and Tim Miles.

Guessing Chris Beard gets a big raise.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
applies to coaches as well. Utah and ND are the only two the stick out to me. Brey must love South Bend. Numbers 11 and 12 seem to be underperforming expectations.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/mens-basketball/coach/

Kruger did make a final 4 a few years ago, so I think that's deserved. Some of those guys like Brey, Boeheim, and Wright may have other compensation that's not listed since they're at private schools.

• Winner
Reactions: rholtgraves

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Mark Few at #50 also stands out. Boeheim at #43. A ton of underperforming coaches on that list, like McCaffery and Tim Miles.

Guessing Chris Beard gets a big raise.

I think Few just really likes being in Spokane. Just one of those guys that would rather hunt and fish than be highly paid and in the spotlight.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I thought that was a great match when Louisville picked him up. Clean, tough, local, successful. Good hire.

*appears to be clean.

When we hired Prohm, I think there were some rumors that Mack was interested in the job. There were a couple of higher profile coaches that had some interest but weren’t named. Stallings may have been one lol.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
*appears to be clean.

When we hired Prohm, I think there were some rumors that Mack was interested in the job. There were a couple of higher profile coaches that had some interest but weren’t named. Stallings may have been one lol.

The guy just had a #1 seed and left.

I hope that hornets' nest in Louisville works out for him.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I get that Texas has more money than God, but damn son, $17M buyout for Smart? They better hope he improves.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Who is that coach at Utah. Top 10 in pay and I've never heard of him. Overrated.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Who is that coach at Utah. Top 10 in pay and I've never heard of him. Overrated.

I've heard of him but I was surprised to see him that high on the list. I know he took over a program that was pretty bad and he's made it very respectable, but I don't know. His resume at Utah looks a little Fran-ish...two NCAA tourney appearances and three NIT appearances in seven seasons.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron