Paul Rhoads update

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
BC HC Jeff Hafley was a Defense Assistant under Rhoads at Pitt in 06-07 before Rhoads left for Auburn in 08., and then promoted to DB coach in 08. I think Rhoads also had the secondary in addition to the DC role, so I'd imagine they worked pretty closely together.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I heard a rumor I think that he was interested in which ever Ankeny school FB job came open

Would have made some sense....didn't either his mom or dad die recently?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Man some of you are pathetic. It’s been almost a decade. Get over it lol.

I appreciate what he did for the program especially after Chizik. But he had faults and basically gave up and had plenty excuses at the tail end of his time here. And I was in the stands in 2015 for the Kansas state debacle in Manhattan.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I appreciate what he did for the program especially after Chizik. But he had faults and basically gave up and had plenty excuses at the tail end of his time here. And I was in the stands in 2015 for the Kansas state debacle in Manhattan.
The guy gave it his all when he was here and delivered some epic wins. Former players LOVED playing for him (Mahoney and Woody said this on one of their podcasts). Whether it was coincidental or because of his teams' play, I would argue it was his tenure that kicked up the ISU tailgating scene to be elite in the country which CMC saw and made him want to coach here (fan passion). You could tell Rhoads' time was up (and he knew it as well) but he gave it his all until the end and set up Campbell for the greatest stretch in ISU football history (many of Rhoads recruited players were part of the beginning of this run). Bashing CPR is dumb and those fans probably weren't fans before Chizik and didn't know what ISU football came from.

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
The guy gave it his all when he was here and delivered some epic wins. Former players LOVED playing for him (Mahoney and Woody said this on one of their podcasts). Whether it was coincidental or because of his teams' play, I would argue it was his tenure that kicked up the ISU tailgating scene to be elite in the country which CMC saw and made him want to coach here (fan passion). You could tell Rhoads' time was up (and he knew it as well) but he gave it his all until the end and set up Campbell for the greatest stretch in ISU football history (many of Rhoads recruited players were part of the beginning of this run). Bashing CPR is dumb and those fans probably weren't fans before Chizik and didn't know what ISU football came from.
Agree with the first part, but ISU tailgating has always been elite (regardless of results on the field)

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
He is the interim coach for a few weeks while they hire the new head coach. He will not be BCs head coach at the start of the season.