Pass Interference Challenge

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Why were we able to challenge the pass interference flag today? I understand it shouldn't have been called, but I didn't know you could challenge a flag in college.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wasn't a challenge, it was a booth review to see if the ball was caught behind the LOS, which I believe negates the PI call by rule.

side judge or line judge peed that completely down their leg. Very obvious that ball was caught around the 7 with a 5 LOS. Watched the side judge a little and it was like he just came up from HS ball.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
That play happened right in front of us and I absolutely lost my ****. I'm hinestly kind of surprised that I haven't read anything about myself over in the "Voices in the Stands KU Edition" thread...

In all seriousness though, that officiating crew on Saturday was incompetent.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
That play happened right in front of us and I absolutely lost my ****. I'm hinestly kind of surprised that I haven't read anything about myself over in the "Voices in the Stands KU Edition" thread...

In all seriousness though, that officiating crew on Saturday was incompetent.
Will McDonald and his stretched jersey agrees with you.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I swear our whole section started laughing when they finally called the left tackle for holding at the end of the game.
Midway thru the game I pointed out to our group to watch number 9, that he was getting held every play he was in. There were skeptics at first, but were all believers after a few more series.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Watching the game replay, the one play that made me even madder than watching it live was the catch by Jones that should have been a sure 1st down. Still should have converted on 4th and inches after that - but Jones was, imho, beyond the first down marker & they marked him about a yard back from where the ball was. Not sure why we couldn't/didn't challenge the spot. Perhaps this has already been discussed, but I haven't read anything about this issue.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Watching the game replay, the one play that made me even madder than watching it live was the catch by Jones that should have been a sure 1st down. Still should have converted on 4th and inches after that - but Jones was, imho, beyond the first down marker & they marked him about a yard back from where the ball was. Not sure why we couldn't/didn't challenge the spot. Perhaps this has already been discussed, but I haven't read anything about this issue.
That spot was so bad. It looked bad in the stadium, but after I saw the replay on tv, Jones was clearly past the 37, and they spotted the ball almost back at the 38. If they give us that first down, we probably go down and make it 28-9, and all the 4th quarter drama and my spike in blood pressure is avoided.

• Agree
Reactions: kentkel and brycy

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
That spot was so bad. It looked bad in the stadium, but after I saw the replay on tv, Jones was clearly past the 37, and they spotted the ball almost back at the 38. If they give us that first down, we probably go down and make it 28-9, and all the 4th quarter drama and my spike in blood pressure is avoided.
Exactly! Prior to the screwy spot of the ball on that play, I was thinking, "If we get up 28-9 after this drive, we will effectively slam the door on their confidence & cruise to a victory."
Also, for as much as I hated the Purdy interception, I believe that the call was a good one. It appeared that our receiver (TE) was open for a big play - just happened that the KU D-Lineman got his mitt on the football. And, their D-Backs don't have the dropsies like our defenders so, of course, it was a turnover.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
The FSN announcers couldn't seem to fathom why on Earth they'd be reviewing that call. They thought they were looking to see if Shaw made contact before the call was caught, and thought it'd easily be confirmed. Which of course had nothing to do with what they were reviewing..

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
The FSN announcers couldn't seem to fathom why on Earth they'd be reviewing that call. They thought they were looking to see if Shaw made contact before the call was caught, and thought it'd easily be confirmed. Which of course had nothing to do with what they were reviewing..
Ya those announcers along with the refs were not A team material.

Help Support Us

Become a patron