PA guy

CycloneCJ

Jan 21, 2008
Plymouth, MN
I find it odd that the people who keep saying "why are we discussing this, it's not important!" continue to post about it. It's OK for fans to have an opinion about the PA announcer and to post about it on a Cyclones fan site to see if anyone else feels the same way. If it doesn't matter to you then don't open the thread.

• Winner
Reactions: bustamoveisu

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
I guess I must have taken his comment differently than you did, which following his second statement I guess I should have seen it more as you did, but I saw it as there is less for an announcer to deal with as far a gymnastics goes. Keeping up with who is what number and the pace of play would be different than keeping up with a gymnastic event. Though his revenue comment shows that you were probably correct in your assumption that it was a jab.

I was being a smarta$$!

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
I have said this before --

But they should just let John Burnett-Larkins do it.

He already does it for the marching band, so he is in the box, and he does a good job for the volleyball team and women's basketball on occasion.
Lord no!!!! JBL already yells over the band show. He is a very good guy but he needs a smaller script not a bigger platform.

The guy we have now is a good dude. People wanted a homer and not a guy who just gave down, distance, ball carrier and tackler. This is the answer to that.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Also, **** you for this little jibe. Gymnastics takes incredible strength and determination. Our ladies have accomplished more than you ever will.

Well we were pretty good till the coach took off to OU, actually I think they are still ok just haven't followed them much really. I haven't even had a chance to make a VB game this yr yet I need to fix that.

Reactions: harimad

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
The PA guy is over the top and sounds amateur. I mean even Hilton has grown past the days of no lights for starting line ups and jock jams intro. Albeit, it took some 10 or 15 years to figure that out, not sure about that statistic but it can't be too far off.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
The PA guy is over the top and sounds amateur. I mean even Hilton has grown past the days of no lights for starting line ups and jock jams intro. Albeit, it took some 10 or 15 years to figure that out, not sure about that statistic but it can't be too far off.

Wait... you don't like a "no light" intro?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
He started to do the "That's another Cyclone" first down on Purdy's first touchdown run.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don't mind the guy but my brother and I both noticed today he was having a hard time whenever he had to read something. You could tell it was off a script and just wasn't smooth at all. One of those things that we heard it randomly right away and then couldn't stop hearing it the rest of the game. He also said "that's another Cyclone!..... (awkward pause) touchdown Iowa State!" on one of our TD's in the 4th quarter. Kinda funny. Again not calling for the guy's job like others are but he's not the best

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
1 yr later and still the same PA guy. It was a great night of football, but his performance on Sat night was the worst. He muffled everything and I couldn't understand most of it. Our game day experience in Jack Trice is quality, but his work is trash. Open tryouts please and I prefer someone w/ a tad bit of bass. Thank u for listening and reply away.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
1 yr later and still the same PA guy. It was a great night of football, but his performance on Sat night was the worst. He muffled everything and I couldn't understand most of it. Our game day experience in Jack Trice is quality, but his work is trash. Open tryouts please and I prefer someone w/ a tad bit of bass. Thank u for listening and reply away.
52bac535a4da9.jpeg

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

How about we try you out for one game and give feedback?

Reactions: bustamoveisu

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I actually like him