PA guy

bustamoveisu

Sep 8, 2012
Jamie - if you are listening, please conduct open auditions for a new PA guy. We both know he is a JV guy. He's probably good for gymnastics. If you want a big time environment, please choose someone who has some baritone in their voice so I can hear him. Thanks! #hadenufsoprano

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
PA guy is fine... now if you want to address something please ban the DJ playing 70s and 80s rock ballads. It seems they switch every quarter and we just get good momentum and crowd energy (w 00s-present music) and bam 3rd or 4th Q hits and we get 15 min catering to the way past middle age crowd.

CycloneCJ

Jan 21, 2008
Plymouth, MN
Jamie - if you are listening, please conduct open auditions for a new PA guy. We both know he is a JV guy. He's probably good for gymnastics. If you want a big time environment, please choose someone who has some baritone in their voice so I can hear him. Thanks! #hadenufsoprano

I attended the Iowa game and wasn't impressed with the PA announcer either. Just not very smooth, the play by play was very choppy. "Run by ....... #5". Also the ad spots for the various sponsors didn't sound very professional. Not a huge deal but seems like we could do much better.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I attended the Iowa game and wasn't impressed with the PA announcer either. Just not very smooth, the play by play was very choppy. "Run by ....... #5". Also the ad spots for the various sponsors didn't sound very professional. Not a huge deal but seems like we could do much better.

I'm not going to lose sleep over it, but he's not very good.

Snydes

May 16, 2006
Ames
PA guy is fine... now if you want to address something please ban the DJ playing 70s and 80s rock ballads. It seems they switch every quarter and we just get good momentum and crowd energy (w 00s-present music) and bam 3rd or 4th Q hits and we get 15 min catering to the way past middle age crowd.

... and... disagreed with by the representative from the over middle aged posters! LOL

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006

Go find his tweets from when he was 16 or so. You might be able to get him fired and get a new guy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I have said this before --

But they should just let John Burnett-Larkins do it.

He already does it for the marching band, so he is in the box, and he does a good job for the volleyball team and women's basketball on occasion.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron