Outgoing transfer tracker

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
It will probably be pretty similar to last year. 10 or so guys who were over recruited and don’t see a path to a starting job will probably jump to a lower level school.

We did lose two guys who could have started in the secondary last year, but the defense was still elite.

I think we got about what we lost in terms of top tier guys... lost two safties, added a LB, DL, and WR that played. DL was really good (MJ Anderson). I think McDonald and Young would have been starters - Young ended up starting at Ole Miss, McDonald played 25 snaps for auburn, is not on their depth chart. But not sure how much better we are on Def. Maybe we win vs. Bay even when Fryler is out? doubt it. But never know.

Anyway, I think we probably came out about even. But would trade the safties for an impact DE like Anderson.

Hope we come out about the same this year... add some impact, hope we don't lose too much. A bit more of a concern this year with more NILs organized and a 4-8 team.

ironsam

Nov 20, 2009
I love the burst we saw on Saturday. Hoping we see more of that next season. Honestly, the RB room can't afford another hit with Silas leaving, and have no RB in the incoming class unless I'm mistaken. Going to have to hit the portal for one if not two.

In this next class ('23), it looks like Abu Sama from SE Polk could be a running back.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
We need another woody. Someone that can run from time to time and knows how to lead block through holes.

Reactions: khardbored

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
2 back sets, quit using Rus (nothing against him, but it's wasting a position on the field), and use Eli on KR

You'd think this would have been evident at some point.

There seems to have been a cap put on 'get the ball in your best players' hands and let them make a play' but maybe the avenues are really just that limited.

Reactions: isufbcurt