OU's next transfer QB?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Idk. I almost feel like they need to cut this out because they are getting burned in HS QB recruiting lately.

Right? In theory it's a great system, but all it takes is one injury and the realization the backup QB is nowhere near the level of the starter.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Funny when he announced he was going to redshirt when he wasn’t hurt everyone knew this was going to happen.
This. And some people, especially their fans, tried to spin his redshirt as a good thing. "Superior gamesmanship by Coach Dana."
Not so much. I'm glad. They were effectively tanking last year, so this hopefully makes other coaches think twice before trying a stunt like this again.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
This kid is a decent player but no where neer Rattler. He needs to try somewhere that is more on his level like Mississippi State.

rattler has 11 career pass attempts for 81 yards

king is 369-597 for 4925 yards and 50 tds

Maybe rattler will be better but i wouldn’t put any definitive statements on that like you have.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Would he be able to sit a year and play? Wasn’t he a Herman recruit? Ehlinger coming back May have thrown a wrench into that.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Good luck ever pulling a guy like this is you continue the trend of taking a grad transfer every year. I think they are at crossroads here. If you take King it's official gone become your strategy and good luck convincing any high school kid they will ever have a chance to play. If you take King, I think you've basically attached yourself to having to find a grad transfer every year for the foreseeable future, which may not necessarily be a bad thing. I just think you have to make an organization decision which route you want to go.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I can't see a single scenario where OU doesn't throw Rattler out there next year.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron