OU's next transfer QB?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Right? In theory it's a great system, but all it takes is one injury and the realization the backup QB is nowhere near the level of the starter.
That is not inherent to having extreme success with transfer QBs.

There is no argument to be made that OU’s QB strategy has been anything but optimal.

• Optimistic
Reactions: mj4cy

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So happy for Dana, couldn't happen to a more deserving guy :). Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at OU but I'd like to see Riley develop his own QB.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So happy for Dana, couldn't happen to a more deserving guy :). Wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at OU but I'd like to see Riley develop his own QB.

Dude, Dana is sitting in one of the easiest G5 jobs in the country. He can drive an hour in each direction and fill his recruiting class... Houston will be fine.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Their fan board has been talking about him all yr. The next great thing supposedly.

There's a lot to like about Rattler but it's hard to envision a scenario where he goes out there and just excels from the get go. He's going to take his lumps early but he will be good.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Rattler is of the same ilk as Tua, Trevor Lawrence, and Justin Fields. Guy is about as much of a can't miss prospect as possible. He'll be the starter at OU for the next 2 years.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Dude, Dana is sitting in one of the easiest G5 jobs in the country. He can drive an hour in each direction and fill his recruiting class... Houston will be fine.

He's got it pretty kushy but he's also getting paid big money. This backfire will more than likely put him back another year, he'll only have 2 seasons after that to get back on track. They fired a guy they were paying much less who had two winning seasons. I can't see Houston giving him that contract and then being okay with a forced rebuild. For that kind of money, you're expecting to win and win soon.