Otzelberger's First Recruiting/Transfer Class - FULL

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
Back up PG and 3 pt shooting is our weakness now. This team is 1000% more interesting to watch than last years. When do we tip it up?

Agree unless the coaching staff thinks that Walker is a quality backup PG, then 3 point shooting is the weakness (and maybe rebounding).

Reactions: baagoe

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019

I didn’t expect it to be much more than us putting out a feeler anyway but he’s off the board. I’d like to see us add some shooting if we don’t get Fletcher for the last scholarship

This is exactly my thinking as well. Fletcher has a high enough ceiling that you bring him in and make it work. Outside of that, a more reliable 3 point shooter is where we have the biggest need imo.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

I didn’t expect it to be much more than us putting out a feeler anyway but he’s off the board. I’d like to see us add some shooting if we don’t get Fletcher for the last scholarship

Didn't take long for him to announce

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
We might as well start putting Fletcher in to our lineup posts. the tjrain is rolling hard right now.

If that happens, and the below is our rotation, the expectation absolutely should be a tournament appearance. Thats a lot of talent.

Hunter/Kalscheur/Grill/Fletcher/Enaruna/Hinson/Foster/Conditt

Reactions: cyclones12321

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
If that happens, and the below is our rotation, the expectation absolutely should be a tournament appearance. Thats a lot of talent.

"Absolutely"? Not so fast.
I don't think we should put that expectation on the guys right away. This is after all 5 players in the top 8 that haven't played in Hilton let alone with each other. I get the aspect that their talent is that of a Top 68 team but there is a learning curve that needs to be factored in.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Could be is more realistic. Whole new coaching staff, basically whole new top 8 or so in the rotation... talent level and supporting cast definitely upgraded, but that’s a lot to just magically gel together and run on all cylinders.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Could be is more realistic. Whole new coaching staff, basically whole new top 8 or so in the rotation... talent level and supporting cast definitely upgraded, but that’s a lot to just magically gel together and run on all cylinders.

Yep. The first part of the season is going to be a struggle. If we can come together and get to .500 that would be a home run. Throwing in a big upset or a “Magic” game at Hilton would be the icing on that cake.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
"Absolutely"? Not so fast.
I don't think we should put that expectation on the guys right away. This is after all 5 players in the top 8 that haven't played in Hilton let alone with each other. I get the aspect that their talent is that of a Top 68 team but there is a learning curve that needs to be factored in.

Yeah, what I'd be willing to guarantee is that this team will be fun to watch, and hopefully will get a lot more time together to gel than last year's team did.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013

Reminds me of Fred's second year. Completely new rotation. A ton of talent. Fun to watch. How quickly can they put it together? Dangerous late in the year if they make the tournament. Im just saying if they land Fletcher in the coming days here I personally think they have the ability to make the tournament. Im not saying I'd be disappointed if they don't a year removed from a winless conference season. I'm simply saying thatd likely be my hope and expectation entering the season.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
A LOT will depend on how fast they can all start getting into a flow by playing together. This is shaping up to be a team that loses games in December where we are pulling your hair out. But by March. We will hopefully have to machine ready to go

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Not to beat a not-so-dead horse, but thinking this interest indicates Fletcher isn't looking likely. Which is fine. First Wade, mainly a rebounder, who went to Nevada, Oladapo who went to Pitt, and now interest in this Nicholls State player. Thinking TJ is still looking for another 6'7" rebounding type. Interesting that we're the only P6 team on that list.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
If that happens. You 9 highest minute players are probably

Kalscheur
Hunter
Hinson
Fletcher
Enaruna
Foster
Conditt
Johnson

Jones and Grill come in for foul trouble with Jackson and Walker running scout team?
Another guard that can handle the ball will be needed. I would take a forward out of that top 9 and add in whichever guard emerges, whether it is Grill, Jackson or Walker.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Reminds me of Fred's second year. Completely new rotation. A ton of talent. Fun to watch. How quickly can they put it together? Dangerous late in the year if they make the tournament. Im just saying if they land Fletcher in the coming days here I personally think they have the ability to make the tournament. Im not saying I'd be disappointed if they don't a year removed from a winless conference season. I'm simply saying thatd likely be my hope and expectation entering the season.
Except there is no Royce White on the team.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Not to beat a not-so-dead horse, but thinking this interest indicates Fletcher isn't looking likely. Which is fine. First Wade, mainly a rebounder, who went to Nevada, Oladapo who went to Pitt, and now interest in this Nicholls State player. Thinking TJ is still looking for another 6'7" rebounding type. Interesting that we're the only P6 team on that list.

I get the feeling that the kid just threw ISU in there...doesn't seem to fit with the rest of those schools.

• Creative
Reactions: WastedTalent

Pat

Oct 20, 2011

I don’t think you can draw that conclusion about Fletcher based on the staff “contacting.” It indicates that Fletcher is not a done deal and they’re continuing to work. An offer would be better evidence.