Optimism for Okie State matchup

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
ISU football has been resilient all year, last week does not change that. This team and these Seniors won't be denied on Saturday. Despite being a TD underdog, a DD loss would surprise me more than a DD win. Senior day for this team is gonna be great.

I like your thinking.

A few more reasons:

1. Washington may not play for OSU with an injured ankle
2. Their kicker is horrible, so if we can slow down their offense when they get in our territory, ISU could easily get out of there without them getting any points.
3. ISU competed with them last year in Stillwater, and now ISU is improved.
4. They're coming off a demoralizing loss.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I like your thinking.

A few more reasons:

1. Washington may not play for OSU with an injured ankle
2. Their kicker is horrible, so if we can slow down their offense when they get in our territory, ISU could easily get out of there without them getting any points.
3. ISU competed with them last year in Stillwater, and now ISU is improved.
4. They're coming off a demoralizing loss.
All of these are good points.

Washington potentially being out definitely hurts them as he is one of the best in CFB. That being said they have one of the best QBs in CFB and other good WRs, not to mention one of the Big 12's best RBs.

Outside of getting gashed by OU, the Okie St. defense has been decent this year as well.

Hoping for a good crowd to send these deserving seniors out with a victory!

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Gundy is acting like Washington will be playing...I'm not sure I believe it, I think he could be the difference maker in the game.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It’s going to be anothe rthat is up in the air for the whole game. Just have to make some big plays and we’ll be right there.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'm on the positivity train too. oSu had a big letdown. We need to strike first and hard. I think we will.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
It's the final home game of one of the best seasons ever. A lot of similarities to the '76 team, who went 8-3 with no bowl game. Ridiculous talent at the offensive skill position, and a defense that can stop anybody on a given day. I know CMC likes to keep it even keel, but this is the last heavyweight opponent this year, so why not get everybody totally JACK-ed and send these hard way warrior seniors out in style?

83cy

May 14, 2006
I don't feel good about this one, I watched OU OSU game, and yes they lost but it seemed like the had 30 plays go for 20 or more yards. Very fast and shifty playmakers, I don't think our offense will keep up. Hope I'm very wrong.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Going to be like how we played every game this year pretty much, keep it close and hope to have a shot at the end.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
It goes without saying but the pass rush will win or lose this game for us. If we can pressure Randolph like we did Mayfield, Hill and Grier (after the first 25 minutes) we will be okay. We give Randolph time, he chews us up and spits us out. I like the 3 man when front when we bring help but just rushing 3 kills us until we get their linemen tired.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't feel good about this one, I watched OU OSU game, and yes they lost but it seemed like the had 30 plays go for 20 or more yards. Very fast and shifty playmakers, I don't think our offense will keep up. Hope I'm very wrong.

It was also a defense optional game from both teams. Just bad football.

It's been nice to see the tide turning a bit this season with ISU, Texas and TCU playing defense.

Hope ISU has one more valiant effort in them for a good defensive game.