Optimism for Okie State matchup

Discussion in 'Football' started by Bucklara, Nov 6, 2017.

1. tazclone

tazclone Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Ratings:
    +779 / 43 / -0
    LMAO!!! iSu has shut down every offense in the second half. Not just the worst offense in the league.

OU- 0 points int he second half
    TT-7 points in the second half
    TCU- 0 points in the second half- only points they scored were a kick return
    WV- 0 points in the second half

Our woeful offense put up 38 points in eight possessions against OU. Just like your oSu offense.

But since I am talking to a fan with a high football IQ...I'll ask a question. Which defensive schemes do you think work better against a team that is successful running on the perimeter, is good at the horizontal passing game, can't turn up the middle and struggles to stretch the field? 3-3-5, 4-2-5, or the 4-3?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
    Ratings:
    +779 / 43 / -0
    #142 tazclone, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    BTW- watched those games.
    1. If your offense is so great why is it giving opponents short fields?
    2. If your DL wears people down, why are they giving up TDs late in the game
    3. If your offense is so great why are they throwing pick 6's
    4. If your DL is so deep and wearing people down then wouldn't it benefit them if TCU had more series on offense?
    5. If your offense is so great, why did they turn the ball over against TCU late?
    6. If your DL is so deep and starts planting people late in the game why did pace matter against WV and why did WV score late? Pace should benefit that deep and dominant DL.
    I already addressed that iSu's woeful offense scored as many points against OU in 8 possessions as oSu. Difference is, iSu's defense didn't give up as many points.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. cyattack69

cyattack69 Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +179 / 19 / -0

Just because this thread is basically done and it's so hard to read what you type due to lack of common football knowledge, this will be the last time I read this thread.

Your coach said our RB and our WR's are the best in the league. I am almost positive that those two positions are on offense. So, if he says they are the best in the league, and they are on our team, and play offense....wouldnt that make ISU's offense "good"?

P.s. My wife just started learning about football like 2 years ago...and she has forgotten more about football than you have demonstrated that you know. So, congratulations.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
    Ratings:
    +779 / 43 / -0
    SouthTulsaPoke is a prime example of Oklahoma's education ranking...47th...and Okie State's 156th ranking.

5. khardbored

khardbored Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Middle of the Midwest
    Ratings:
    +4,100 / 92 / -2
    Translation:

If you just take away the other team scoring late in games . . .

If you just take away our turnovers that give the opponent a short field . . .

If you just take away our injuries . . .

If you just take away poor performance when playing in hostile road games .

WE'D BE THE BEST TEAM THERE IS!!!!

Got it.

6. cyclonepower

cyclonepower Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

Oct 5, 2006
    WDM
    Ratings:
    +915 / 54 / -1
    Tulsapoke...thought your defense was good? They suck! No wondering you guys aren't a playoff contender...Good offense though, congrats on the win!

7. clonebb

clonebb Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Ratings:
    +1,994 / 296 / -8
    So do the pokes always act like total ******** to the opposing fans? They were disgusting and embarrassed themselves. Is #12 mentally ********?