Optimism for Okie State matchup

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
An interesting point, but it shows you didn’t watch the games you’ve cited. TCU scored a TD late after we turned it over trying to play catch-up. We also had two other TD ps off of TOs where our offense gave the Defense a short field to defend, which wasn’t their fault. Also, we had lost the entire right side of our O-line to injury, which gave TCU more offensive series than they otherwise would have gotten, on a day where it was 120 degrees on he field.

Texas Tech was a night game with the fans attempting a blackout, and 7 of those points came on a pick-six, somthe defense only gave up 28.

WVU had one TD on a blocked punt (not the defenses fault) and one TD on a pick six. So again, WVU only scored 25 against our defense, and again, our speed of play on offense leaves our defense with more series to defend. Oh...and WVU’s final TD came on a 13 play drive at the end of the game, when the winner had already been decided.

OU? I already explained that we had the same number of defensive series at the end of the first half as you had at the end of the game. Our defense isn’t responsible for the fact that your offense is slow and plodding.

Otherwise, nice thought.

Oh. Two more things. You didn’t mention what we did to Texas in the second half, when the Longhorns were playing dime and daring us to run. Our defense held Texas to one possession in the second half that wasn’t a three-and-out.

Second...ISU isn’t a good offense.
LMAO!!! iSu has shut down every offense in the second half. Not just the worst offense in the league.

OU- 0 points int he second half
TT-7 points in the second half
TCU- 0 points in the second half- only points they scored were a kick return
WV- 0 points in the second half

Our woeful offense put up 38 points in eight possessions against OU. Just like your oSu offense.

But since I am talking to a fan with a high football IQ...I'll ask a question. Which defensive schemes do you think work better against a team that is successful running on the perimeter, is good at the horizontal passing game, can't turn up the middle and struggles to stretch the field? 3-3-5, 4-2-5, or the 4-3?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
An interesting point, but it shows you didn’t watch the games you’ve cited. TCU scored a TD late after we turned it over trying to play catch-up. We also had two other TD ps off of TOs where our offense gave the Defense a short field to defend, which wasn’t their fault. Also, we had lost the entire right side of our O-line to injury, which gave TCU more offensive series than they otherwise would have gotten, on a day where it was 120 degrees on he field.

Texas Tech was a night game with the fans attempting a blackout, and 7 of those points came on a pick-six, somthe defense only gave up 28.

WVU had one TD on a blocked punt (not the defenses fault) and one TD on a pick six. So again, WVU only scored 25 against our defense, and again, our speed of play on offense leaves our defense with more series to defend. Oh...and WVU’s final TD came on a 13 play drive at the end of the game, when the winner had already been decided.

OU? I already explained that we had the same number of defensive series at the end of the first half as you had at the end of the game. Our defense isn’t responsible for the fact that your offense is slow and plodding.

Otherwise, nice thought.

Oh. Two more things. You didn’t mention what we did to Texas in the second half, when the Longhorns were playing dime and daring us to run. Our defense held Texas to one possession in the second half that wasn’t a three-and-out.

BTW- watched those games.
  1. If your offense is so great why is it giving opponents short fields?
  2. If your DL wears people down, why are they giving up TDs late in the game
  3. If your offense is so great why are they throwing pick 6's
  4. If your DL is so deep and wearing people down then wouldn't it benefit them if TCU had more series on offense?
  5. If your offense is so great, why did they turn the ball over against TCU late?
  6. If your DL is so deep and starts planting people late in the game why did pace matter against WV and why did WV score late? Pace should benefit that deep and dominant DL.
I already addressed that iSu's woeful offense scored as many points against OU in 8 possessions as oSu. Difference is, iSu's defense didn't give up as many points.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: khardbored

cyattack69

Oct 5, 2017

Otherwise, nice thought.

Just because this thread is basically done and it's so hard to read what you type due to lack of common football knowledge, this will be the last time I read this thread.

Your coach said our RB and our WR's are the best in the league. I am almost positive that those two positions are on offense. So, if he says they are the best in the league, and they are on our team, and play offense....wouldnt that make ISU's offense "good"?

P.s. My wife just started learning about football like 2 years ago...and she has forgotten more about football than you have demonstrated that you know. So, congratulations.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
Just because this thread is basically done and it's so hard to read what you type due to lack of common football knowledge, this will be the last time I read this thread.

Your coach said our RB and our WR's are the best in the league. I am almost positive that those two positions are on offense. So, if he says they are the best in the league, and they are on our team, and play offense....wouldnt that make ISU's offense "good"?

P.s. My wife just started learning about football like 2 years ago...and she has forgotten more about football than you have demonstrated that you know. So, congratulations.
SouthTulsaPoke is a prime example of Oklahoma's education ranking...47th...and Okie State's 156th ranking.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Otherwise, nice thought.

Translation:

If you just take away the other team scoring late in games . . .

If you just take away our turnovers that give the opponent a short field . . .

If you just take away our injuries . . .

If you just take away poor performance when playing in hostile road games .

WE'D BE THE BEST TEAM THERE IS!!!!

Got it.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Tulsapoke...thought your defense was good? They suck! No wondering you guys aren't a playoff contender...Good offense though, congrats on the win!

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
So do the pokes always act like total ******** to the opposing fans? They were disgusting and embarrassed themselves. Is #12 mentally ********?