Opinions on that INT

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm sorry, did you not notice all the time that their QB had to find an open WR, due to the fact that only three slow linemen were trying to get past five O-linemen while two LB's danced around about 7 yds from the line of scrimmage, watching the action? It was pretty damn obvious from the 10th row, on the 49 yd line
I'm sorry, did you not notice we have been doing this pretty much all year with success?

And if we want to try to find where the game was lost, I'll point out the O line being horrible in the 2nd and 3rd to last series.

Reactions: IcSyU

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Was that angle played on TV? If so, what did they say about it? Because that’s a goddamn touchdown.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Feel free to send another guy on the rush but we couldn't cover their receivers with the extra guy in coverage. It would've been uglier on the back end.

Chicken or the egg...receivers will eventually get open when the QB is given all day to pass, and a good QB like Rudolf will find them. Somehow ISU needed to get more pressure on the QB. The 3-man rush wasn't working and ISU stubbornly kept doing it.

It looks like the replay refs messed up the INT/TD/Incomplete call at the end. In general, the replay officiating has been dismal in several Big 12 games I've watched over the past few weeks, and the reviews are dragging these game times out to four hours. It is ridiculous.

And if the refs are going to look the other way on the PI/holding of the receivers, then ISU's bigger receivers need to put those smaller DB on their backsides when they start grabbing and holding, and force the officials to make a call. ISU was getting those PI calls earlier in the year. Perhaps it is time for Campbell to light up a few officials during the game, because for whatever reason (likely complaining by other coaches), ISU isn't getting those calls anymore, and it is impacting the games.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'm sorry, did you not notice we have been doing this pretty much all year with success?

And if we want to try to find where the game was lost, I'll point out the O line being horrible in the 2nd and 3rd to last series.

In those other games, ISU was getting better pressure on the QB than they were today. Rudolf is also a better QB than ISU has faced recently (apart from Mayfield). You can't give good QBs that kind of time.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Was that angle played on TV? If so, what did they say about it? Because that’s a goddamn touchdown.
Tubby said something like “that’s definitely a block, he should be shooting free throws!!”

But seriously, they agreed it was an INT. But at first look, I did too. I didn’t change my mind until these different views came out and I could watch them frame by frame. Something the replay officials are paid to do...

Reactions: helechopper

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
the reviews are dragging these game times out to four hours. It is ridiculous.
This can't be stated enough. College football needs some rule changes badly to speed up pace of play.

One of the first changes should be dumping the stop clock on first downs rule. Next should be finding a way for replay to not completely ruin the flow of a game. The third one should make all time outs 30 seconds.

• Disagree
Reactions: jkclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
This can't be stated enough. College football needs some rule changes badly to speed up pace of play.

One of the first changes should be dumping the stop clock on first downs rule. Next should be finding a way for replay to not completely ruin the flow of a game.
Didn’t they decide to review a play (spot on 3rd down) AFTER a timeout?

It’s not an easy job, but those guys were either in over their heads, or worse...

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

One of the first changes should be dumping the stop clock on first downs rule. Next should be finding a way for replay to not completely ruin the flow of a game. The third one should make all time outs 30 seconds.
I wonder if they move to an NFL style of replay. Maybe allow each coach 1 replay per half. Review all TD’s as usual.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I wonder if they move to an NFL style of replay. Maybe allow each coach 1 replay per half. Review all TD’s as usual.
It's 2017. The ref shouldn't have to run to a certain spot to put on the headset. Give them a headset like they have in the NFL where they're constantly in contact with Big Brother.

Also, give the refs a closed communication line where the back judge doesn't have to run all the way to the ref just to make a call.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
The refs were horrible. The fat black dude called the touch on the kick, and then swallowed his whistle when we had the ball near the goal line. On the long touchdown pass, we would have had a sack except the lineman was holding our guy right in front of grandpa ref. I knew we were not going to win when they got three chances on the conversion.

Worse officiated game of the year. Feel bad for the seniors. Is this the best they got for a game among two ranked teams?

This crew sucked ass.

After the game I was talking to a okie fan and he admitted they shouldn’t have won and said the refs gave them the game.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
After today and the Texas debacle from a few years ago, Van Vark should never be able to do another ISU game.
I hope Van Vark’s house gets hit by a cyclone. Doesn’t he live in Pella? I hope someone at least ***** on his doorsteps

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CYme

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Here is a new view. If you slow this down frame by frame, it making me lean more and more towards this was an easy TD call. But itd doubtful the refs had a view like this at their disposal.

Clearly shows a touchdown, in fact the defenders hand comes off the ball as he hits the ground. Ruling on the field should have been a touchdown by ref standing there. He waits until the action out of bounds occurs to make his ruling.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
When James Washington had that blatant hold then ran a circle around the ref with his hands behind his back and shaking his head I knew we weren’t getting anything anymore. Typical ****** job by the refs they felt like they had to make everything even no matter what actually happened. Prime example of why everyone loathes refs. They are cowards with two whiny excuses to always fall back on.

I e come to realize “irrefutable evidence” is a term they put in reviews as a cop out for officials. Get rid of that **** and tell them to make the right call. The whole point is to get it right so get it as close to right as you can with the evidence you have. Of course that doesn’t fix today as they confirmed the call which is patently absurd. That’s not to mention the PI inconsistencies today and the total ******** Butler forward progress debacle last week.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...tate-iowa-state-final-score-interception-play

There are two different angles shown in this article. Green had his right hand underneath the ball as well as his left hand on top of the ball which was against his body. I wish I could upload the other angle but the file is too large. Here is a photo that shows that Green had two hands on the ball against his body.
View attachment 51678
This photo is taken once they got to the ground.

• Agree
Reactions: Spanky and BigM

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Never will happen. Will cut into ad revenue.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I'm sorry, did you not notice all the time that their QB had to find an open WR, due to the fact that only three slow linemen were trying to get past five O-linemen while two LB's danced around about 7 yds from the line of scrimmage, watching the action? It was pretty damn obvious from the 10th row, on the 49 yd line

I'm sorry, did you not see the title of the thread you were in? Perhaps you were looking for a thread about the 3 man front we've been playing, not "opinions on that INT." I know, sometimes when I read "Opinions on that INT" I accidentally read "opinions on the defense that wasn't on the field at all when the INT happened," and then feel really silly when I realize that my opinions on the defense that wasn't on the field at the time the INT that's clearly the topic of the thread even happened are extremely irrelevant to the actual topic of the thread. In these cases, I find that I usually am better served finding a thread about the defense that I'm not a super huge fan of, or, finding none, I might start one.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron