One-Hit Wonders

D

DistrictCyclone

I don't know if this song ever crossed the "hit" threshold, but I remember hearing it a lot a few years ago and I have heard absolutely nothing about this band since:

[video=youtube;R6VuCl-flto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6VuCl-flto[/video]

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I used to get that song stuck in my head any time I'd have a layover in Memphis.

I actually read this wrong and thought you said, "I used to get that song stuck in my head any time I'd have a LOVER in Memphis". I was like WTF

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Opened the door wide open for Family Guy clip.....

[video=youtube;2WNrx2jq184]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184[/video]

Trashmen

and of course " Loiue, Louie" by the Kingsmen

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Some great somgs here but don't forget: Steam with Na Na Na Na Kiss Him Goodbye

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - YouTube

Edit -- Just watched this video for the first time and it is perhaps the worse recorded lip-syncing I've ever seen. I'm thinking some illicit drug use on both sides of the camera. Plus the way that the lead singer dances, may explain why this group had only one hit.

Last edited:

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Liar Liar by the Castaways has to get some top ten if not overall top consideration.

... it stands the test of time
... it made it into the soundtrack of several movies
... written and performed by an obscure garage band thrown together to play a fraternity party
... the song peaked at #12 nationally on billboard
... no other hits by the group, possibly not even any other surviving recordings

The Castaways - HD STEREO - Liar Liar - YouTube

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Cupid Shuffle-Bryson Bernard

Dude was on The Voice this year too and didn't make the cut. Cee Lo was slightly surprised to see Cupid himself show up on the show. The funny part was him saying that he wanted to get rid of being known for just the one song and then proceeded to perform said song.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron