One-Hit Wonders

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Reactions: kilgore_trout

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Does it get any better than Biz Markie and Divinlys?

...actually yes, it get's much, much better than that, but I'm still going with them for the purposes of this thread.

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
What's your favorite one-hit wonder song, from any era? Feel free to provide links, if desired.

I have some of their other albums, but I really enjoy The Toadies' "Possum Kingdom": The Toadies - Possum Kingdom - YouTube

Holy crap, I'd never seen Mungo Jerry's facial hair: Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970 - YouTube

Pronounced with an "umpty": Digital Undergound "Humpty Dance" - YouTube

Digital Underground were not one hit wonders, duwatchyalike & freaks of the industry were bad *** songs also.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Digital Underground were not one hit wonders, duwatchyalike & freaks of the industry were bad *** songs also.

Good songs? Maybe. Hits? Not technically. Neither of them charted in either the US or Britain. That's usually the standard by which "one hit wonders" are judged.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
extremely crappy song song but for some reason I love it...

"Too Shy" - Kajagoogooo

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
DOA by Bloodrock. 1970. Perhaps one of the strangest songs ever because of the topic. It's my fav because my band actually played it at a high school prom as a joke. We loved it...not sure the crowd did. Lol