On That Note - Mamas and Papas

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Doris Day and her son Terry Melcher (The Terry in "Bruce and Terry"). Also very successful record producer (Byrds, Paul Revere and the Raiders). And I think he was the intended target of the Manson Family, as I think he at one time lived in the house where one of their attacks occurred. Possibly the Sharon Tate/Roman Polanski house. I don't remember the specifics anymore...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Waylon Jennings:

Son Shooter has been in the business for years, has put out a half-dozen albums, but has never found the success his dad had:

I see your Waylon and Shooter but you forgot rapper Struggle Jennings, Waylon's grandson...the talent may have skipped that generation.

Reactions: Cydar

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Nanette Fabray

Shelley Fabares

I never knew they were related. Had to go look. Shelley is the niece of Nannette.

Shelley Fabares is one of those people you don't think of as 'significant' or particularly famous, but when you put it all together she had:

A Number One Single - (Johnny Angel)

3 Movies with Elvis Presley - (Spinout, Clambake, Girl Happy) - He once cited her as his favorite female co-star.

Starred in TWO very successful television series's 3 decades apart.- (The Donna Reed Show 1960's and Coach 1980's/90's

I'd take that as someone who maybe should be considered significant in pop culture.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I never knew they were related. Had to go look. Shelley is the niece of Nannette.

Shelley Fabares is one of those people you don't think of as 'significant' or particularly famous, but when you put it all together she had:

A Number One Single - (Johnny Angel)

3 Movies with Elvis Presley - (Spinout, Clambake, Girl Happy) - He once cited her as his favorite female co-star.

Starred in TWO very successful television series's 3 decades apart.- (The Donna Reed Show 1960's and Coach 1980's/90's

I'd take that as someone who maybe should be considered significant in pop culture.
A lot of people didn't know they were related. Nanette changed the spelling of their name for her professional name because people couldn't pronounce it (called her Fa-bar-REZ or Fa-BAR-rez, with the first "a" as a short sound like fat). Shelley stuck with the original spelling.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Interesting! I don't follow rap, had no clue this dude existed. :D

I listen to rap but hadn't heard of him until a few years ago. Through my job, I'm exposed to a large variety of music, mostly other peoples choices, I get to hear a lot of great music that I wasn't aware of, I also get to listen to things like this.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I listen to rap but hadn't heard of him until a few years ago. Through my job, I'm exposed to a large variety of music, mostly other peoples choices, I get to hear a lot of great music that I wasn't aware of, I also get to listen to things like this.
The last few years of employment, my husband worked with a LOT of 20-somethings, and they played their music. He knows a lot of current stuff that I have never heard. I'm kind of stuck in a rut of 1960-1975 rock/pop, 1990-2010 country and the odd 80's hairband or two. :D

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron