***Okie St Week Thread***

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Trying to buy parking, but keep getting the message that "the event is not on sale". If I can't get parking, are campus lots and a long walk still an option?
I parked near Forker for the KU game - filled up pretty early though (about 3.5 hours before kickoff) but that could be from the night kick time. Have parked on the Engineering side of campus and taken the long walk in year's past as well (2019).

Reactions: norcalcy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I parked near Forker for the KU game - filled up pretty early though (about 3.5 hours before kickoff) but that could be from the night kick time. Have parked on the Engineering side of campus and taken the long walk in year's past as well (2019).
This. I'll be parking on the north side and walk through campus by the Campanile. Kinda fun actually. More and more people as you get closer and the tailgate lot is louder and louder before you make that last turn and see the big lot.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not surprising. I'd be predicting a win if I was on their end, based on past history.

I think we win with the score being something like 31-28. I like that the wind is supposed to be tame. I want to see kick-offs out of the end zone with OSU having to drive the field. I think we win the turnover battle 2-1.
1634839905423.png

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
35, 31, 28 points predicted to be scored by the 'Pokes in their predictions?

I'm sorry unless there is a ST score and/or a defensive one I just can't see this Cyclones defense giving up that many points to their offense. Okie Lite couldn't do anything but run the ball against UT last weekend and I don't see how they succeed with that strategy against ISU - especially if they settle for RZ FGs like they did time and time again in the 1H against the Whorns.

I think this game could be a 'race' to 24.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Not surprising. I'd be predicting a win if I was on their end, based on past history.

I think we win with the score being something like 31-28. I like that the wind is supposed to be tame. I want to see kick-offs out of the end zone with OSU having to drive the field. I think we win the turnover battle 2-1.

If ISU wins the turnover battle, it will be a double digit win.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
35, 31, 28 points predicted to be scored by the 'Pokes in their predictions?

I'm sorry unless there is a ST score and/or a defensive one I just can't see this Cyclones defense giving up that many points to their offense. Okie Lite couldn't do anything but run the ball against UT last weekend and I don't see how they succeed with that strategy against ISU - especially if they settle for RZ FGs like they did time and time again in the 1H against the Whorns.

I think this game could be a 'race' to 24.
This actually concerns me, as I think our run D has been rather porous save for the UNI/Iowa games. K-State especially was kind of gashing us for much of the 2nd half last week.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
This actually concerns me, as I think our run D has been rather porous save for the UNI/Iowa games. K-State especially was kind of gashing us for much of the 2nd half last week.
I disagree. I thought the run game in the 2H last week was conservative in nature to force KSU to chew up clock as they worked down the field. Yes there were 8-yard 'chunk plays', but when KSU is down 2+ scores that's playing right into the Cyclones game plan (similar to KU when they were down 4 TDs after Q1). The Cyclones also limited "explosive runs" i.e. runs >=20 yards (and tbh explosive plays in general - 40 yd TD was about it).

KSU v. ISU
1H: 13 carries, 73 yards -> 5.6 avg.
2H: 15 carries, 89 yards -> 5.9 avg.
Game Long Carry: 16 yards

KSU 1H TD came on the same drive as the 16 yard run.

OSU v. UT
1H: 13 carries, 57 yards -> 3.8 avg.
2H*: 33 carries, 190 yards -> 5.8 avg.
*Includes a -7 yard carry by Sanders, excluding would be 197 yards for 6.16 avg.
Game Long Carry: 27 yards

OSU had 27, 17, 20, and 19 yard carries against UT in the 2H <- These carries were the key to the game imo as OSU scored 17 points off the drives with these explosive plays.

I will concede that early in the BU game the run defense did not look good and a start like that would be an issue - looked much better in the 2H of that game.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The only thing I am worried about defensively is Sanders pulling off one or two backyard, bullsh*t plays that go for long distances. Those can change games. This becomes even more troublesome if we can't punt worth a damn and the defense has to play on short fields.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
OSU has played spoiler for Brocktober the past couple years. Should be a fired up crowd on Saturday, so let's see if we can buck that trend.
QB Sanders number are just okay. Particularly last two weeks. Gotta stop the long ball.

DATEOPPRESULTCMPATTYDSCMP%AVGTDINTLNGSACKRTGQBR
Sat 10/16@ TEX 25TEXW
32-24
Sat 10/2vs BAY 21BAYW
24-14
Sat 9/25vs KSU 25KSUW
31-20

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I disagree. I thought the run game in the 2H last week was conservative in nature to force KSU to chew up clock as they worked down the field. Yes there were 8-yard 'chunk plays', but when KSU is down 2+ scores that's playing right into the Cyclones game plan (similar to KU when they were down 4 TDs after Q1). The Cyclones also limited "explosive runs" i.e. runs >=20 yards (and tbh explosive plays in general - 40 yd TD was about it).

KSU v. ISU
1H: 13 carries, 73 yards -> 5.6 avg.
2H: 15 carries, 89 yards -> 5.9 avg.
Game Long Carry: 16 yards

KSU 1H TD came on the same drive as the 16 yard run.

OSU v. UT
1H: 13 carries, 57 yards -> 3.8 avg.
2H*: 33 carries, 190 yards -> 5.8 avg.
*Includes a -7 yard carry by Sanders, excluding would be 197 yards for 6.16 avg.
Game Long Carry: 27 yards

OSU had 27, 17, 20, and 19 yard carries against UT in the 2H <- These carries were the key to the game imo as OSU scored 17 points off the drives with these explosive plays.

I will concede that early in the BU game the run defense did not look good and a start like that would be an issue - looked much better in the 2H of that game.
I like the stats you present, it makes me feel a bit better. Question though, does KSU's rushing stats include sacks? If so, those numbers would inflate a fair amount, similar to your example in the OSU/UT game.

Kimber45

Dec 20, 2020
So I've got some bad news and some good news.

The bad news is that I've got the Pokes winning this one. 31-28ish.

The good news is that virtually every CFB prediction I've a made this season has been horribly and terribly wrong.

Looking forward to this game because I'm also a closet Pokes fan. After Chip Kelly demonstrated that a quality, but not yet elite, football team could leverage an up tempo spread offense into a competitive advantage the Pokes went all in. They're a fun team to watch and have been scratching on the B12 ceiling glass for awhile. They remind me of an earlier version of Oregon but without some of the horrid uniform combinations.

Pzy0X4V.gif

I'll be rooting for a Cyclones win, of course, but what is the traditional history between OSU and ISU? I don't get the sense you guys are rivals.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

The good news is that virtually every CFB prediction I've a made this season has been horribly and terribly wrong.

Looking forward to this game because I'm also a closet Pokes fan. After Chip Kelly demonstrated that a quality, but not yet elite, football team could leverage an up tempo spread offense into a competitive advantage the Pokes went all in. They're a fun team to watch and have been scratching on the B12 ceiling glass for awhile. They remind me of an earlier version of Oregon but without some of the horrid uniform combinations.

Pzy0X4V.gif

I'll be rooting for a Cyclones win, of course, but what is the traditional history between OSU and ISU? I don't get the sense you guys are rivals.
It's friendly. But they are still bitter since we ruined their chance to play for a national championship 10 yrs ago. They're the only kryptonite to Brocktober.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Pzy0X4V.gif

I'd say its friendly for the most part, though I'm sure there are still some bitter Cowboy fans because of 2011. Iowa State, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State are all land grant schools from the Big 8, so there's a bit of a kinship between the 3 schools. They have had our number lately; hopefully that changes on Saturday.