Ohio State vs Illinois Cancelled

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Indiana vs Northwestern just like everyone predicted.

With the history of Indiana I was rooting for them to win vs OSU. Figured they won't have many opportunities in that division to ever reach the CCG and the rest of their schedule is pretty winnable.

Guess they still might get in.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
I hope they don't end up with 2 ACC teams and 2 SEC teams in the playoffs, if ISU or OU win out and have 2 losses.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I dont think with the half seasons even before this, that the Little 10 or the pacifier 12 deserved to get in the playoff. But if Ohio St, doesnt have enough games to get into even their championship, they should no way qualify for the playoff, over teams that played twice as many games. It is ridiculous that the B1G and the Pac12 think they deserve to get in playing half the games, their awful decisions should not be rewarded.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Coach and several players tested positive which cancelled the game.

They are also very likely to cancel next week due to protocols making Ohio State ineligible for the B1G Championship

What will the playoff committee do?

I'm guessing they won't need that extra data point that the B12 needed while creating a championship game that pits #1 vs #2 of the regular season.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Maybe the committee should have expanded the playoff like everyone with a brain said to do in the middle of a pandemic

Reactions: JBone84

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That loss to Louisiana could hurt. If somehow ISU beats OU in the championship game, the playoffs would be there without that loss.

I'm sure I'm being a bad fan here, but I wouldn't want that at all. Backdooring into the playoffs to be massacred by Bama or Clemson doesn't sound fun at all. Give me a NY6 against a team we can compete with. Yes, the CFP would be great for the program, but the game would be bad.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I'm sure I'm being a bad fan here, but I wouldn't want that at all. Backdooring into the playoffs to be massacred by Bama or Clemson doesn't sound fun at all. Give me a NY6 against a team we can compete with. Yes, the CFP would be great for the program, but the game would be bad.

That mentality is like Iowa fans saying they’d rather have the rose bowl than the CFP a couple years ago. OU has gotten destroyed in the CFPs but they still made it and got the notoriety for doing so. Claiming one of the top four spots in college football would be huuuuuuge for us no matter how the game turned out.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
That mentality is like Iowa fans saying they’d rather have the rose bowl than the CFP a couple years ago. OU has gotten destroyed in the CFPs but they still made it and got the notoriety for doing so. Claiming one of the top four spots in college football would be huuuuuuge for us no matter how the game turned out.

Yeah, the recruiting benefits alone from being able to say we reached the playoffs would be worth taking the L..

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The CFP game gives you exposure and with the good publicity of Campbell and the culture, the recruits start listening instead of passing over you.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
That loss to Louisiana could hurt. If somehow ISU beats OU in the championship game, the playoffs would be there without that loss.
Can't think like that. That embarrassment of a game likely woke this team up. Impossible to say if the season plays out the same.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron