***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Mahomes won't have bradys success or longevity
pretty comparable so far. Here's the first 7 years of each of their careers. Both with 3 Super Bowl Wins. Hard to predict that anyone will have the longevity of Brady, but Mahomes has a better shot than anyone at matching his post season record.

Screenshot 2024-02-11 230142.png

• Wow
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That was a pretty costly mistake, yes. Not saying the Chiefs had quite as many mistakes.

The two fumbles, one by each team, 49ers in the 1st qtr, Chiefs in the 2nd, cost both teams TD's. Then the Mahomes INT. After that I'd have to go into more detail or watch the game again.

It was a game the 49ers could have won, probably should have won. But they didn't. The Chiefs did just enough to win and overcome some their mistakes. I was hoping the 49ers could win and overcome their mistakes. they didn't. Happy either way.

Chiefs had a few “almost fumbles” since “almost interceptions” is the trendy stat.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He’s not my cousin. He didn’t have a great game. And, he’s also not why they lost. You’re the one looking to die on a hill.
Thank you for finally admitting that. I'm sorry that pointing that out was so triggering for you.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That was a pretty costly mistake, yes. Not saying the Chiefs had quite as many mistakes.

The two fumbles, one by each team, 49ers in the 1st qtr, Chiefs in the 2nd, cost both teams TD's. Then the Mahomes INT. After that I'd have to go into more detail or watch the game again.

It was a game the 49ers could have won, probably should have won. But they didn't. The Chiefs did just enough to win and overcome some their mistakes. I was hoping the 49ers could win and overcome their mistakes. they didn't. Happy either way.
Missed extra point was right after the ankle muff.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
pretty comparable so far. Here's the first 7 years of each of their careers. Both with 3 Super Bowl Wins. Hard to predict that anyone will have the longevity of Brady, but Mahomes has a better shot than anyone at matching his post season record.

View attachment 123769
Brady had the "game manager" label until he won 3. His stats early in career werent that impressive. Those were known as defensive teams. Most of his pro bowls and all-pro's came after year 10.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Brady had the "game manager" label until he won 3. His stats early in career werent that impressive. Those were known as defensive teams. Most of his pro bowls and all-pro's came after year 10.
fun with numbers: if Mahomes maintains his passing yards per game, it would take 200 more games for him to get even with Brady. Basically he'd have to play until he was 39-40.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Rumor was that Kittle was somewhat hurt, maybe turf toe?

Brock played fantastic. Proved so many of the doubters wrong.

Only QB that played better against KC was Josh Allen.

San Fran should have ran more heavy sets and trusted CMC to bust one.

Or ran Purdy more.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Kelce came alive after Greenlaw went down
Injuries are such a hit and miss thing. Before the game, advantage 49ers, they had less guys out with injuries.

For the Chiefs, Mckennon was questionable at the start but played pretty well, and they had Gay back.

And as you said, for the 49ers, Greenlaw gets hurt fairly early on (late 1st qtr.?). That was a huge loss.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Nice to see the Chiefs haters coming out of the woodwork, you can complain all you want, but the Chiefs won the game. Purdy played great, but as great as the 49ers are, Mahomes is better.
The crazy thing is KC is very young, they could go on a run of another 3 of 5 super bowls championships.
As long as Mahomes is there they'll be contenders.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I am also amazed SanFran didn't use Juszczyk more.

Shanahan should have won both SBs against KC. More talented roster both times.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
Thank you for finally admitting that. I'm sorry that pointing that out was so triggering for you.
No one is triggered. It’s a discussion about a game. I don’t think Kittle was the reason for the loss. I still think that. Do you still think that you need to be right all the time?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
fun with numbers: if Mahomes maintains his passing yards per game, it would take 200 more games for him to get even with Brady. Basically he'd have to play until he was 39-40.
Where Mahomes could take a hit compared to Brady is contract. Mahomes contract is a bigger hit than Brady’s was to NE. Brady was a doucher but he didn’t have the top contract while at NE. Will Mahomes and others contracts eat enough that it will be hard to have solid Oline, backs or others?

• Agree
Reactions: Mr Janny

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Dang I really wanted this one for Brock but he played well and represented ISU well. Too many mistakes by the rest of the team, you take 1 away 49ers likely win. It has been so fun to watch Purdy continue to shock the football world. Can't wait to see him do it again next year!

Reactions: Marcelason78

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
No one is triggered. It’s a discussion about a game. I don’t think Kittle was the reason for the loss. I still think that. Do you still think that you need to be right all the time?

You sure seem like you're carrying water for him. The guy was basically invisible in the biggest game of the year, and when someone points that out, here's you:

Putting any blame on Kittle is lame.

If George is threatening you, we can get you help. You don't have to live like this.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Nice to see the Chiefs haters coming out of the woodwork, you can complain all you want, but the Chiefs won the game. Purdy played great, but as great as the 49ers are, Mahomes is better.
The crazy thing is KC is very young, they could go on a run of another 3 of 5 super bowls championships.
I see the Brock haters are out in full force!