***Official Super Bowl Game Thread***

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
How do you figure? 7 different 49ers players had more yards than him. He was only targeted 3 times.
This is a guy who was targeted 90 times this season, for 65 catches and over a thousand yards.
For whatever reason, he was a non-factor in this game. Maybe the Chiefs successfully schemed him out of the game. Maybe he didn't play well. Maybe the coach just didn't draw anything up for him. It doesn't matter the reason. He is one of San Fran's stars and he was completely mitigated in the biggest game of the season. The story of this Super Bowl cannot be written without mentioning his lack of production.
SF has lots of star players. Guess if you expected Kittle to be the star that won the game for them then you were disappointed. We can agree on that.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Not saying he's overrated, but how on the biggest stage do you doing nothing from a pass catch perspective? I personally also love his personality but no one is immune from criticism when it's warranted.
He's probably the best TE in the game right now considering Kelce's age. Not sure where he was tonight.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Name one person who had Chiefs winning 4 weeks ago. That was most difficult playoff run in NFL history.
What seed were they? A few 6 seeds have won the SB. I thought KC played their first game at home.

Edit: I looked it up, they were a 3 seed. This is a perfect example of the chiefs fans not in reality when 6 seeds have won the Super Bowl.

I’ve even seen chiefs fans claiming this is the most successful 5 year run in the NFL ever. Yeah, it’s not.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
SF has lots of star players. Guess if you expected Kittle to be the star that won the game for them then you were disappointed. We can agree on that.
Look, I get if he's your cousin or something, but this feels like a weird hill for someone to die on.
He didn't have to be a star for them to win the game, tonight. He needed to contribute more than 2 catches for 4 yards. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to admit that Kittle under-performed tonight. He normally gets close to 65 receiving yards again. Tonight he got FOUR.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
when watching JT O’Sullivan’s analysis of Purdy, he has mentioned that San Fran’s play action game is elite but he drop back game is below average. Abandoning the run game in the third quarter was a bad decision. After the interception, they were close to field goal range but three straight pass plays and had to punt. Shanahan has a tendency to abandon the run game for some reason.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Let's not forget about the real loser tonight. The "Tracker" TV premiere that had to start after 10pm central, 11pm eastern.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Name one person who had Chiefs winning 4 weeks ago. That was most difficult playoff run in NFL history.
when the qb is Pat Mahomes, they should never be doubted........I, for one, never doubted them.

Idk I just think it's a little cringe. It's like Kirby Smart of UGA saying that stuff after they ass blasted TCU...."we were doubted all year long"......lol no you weren't

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
SF did outplay KC, but Chiefs made them pay for the bigger mistakes. Chiefs made mistakes too, but the 9ers failed to capitalize.

Taz4President

Oct 3, 2013
Austin TX
Look, I get if he's your cousin or something, but this feels like a weird hill for someone to die on.
He didn't have to be a star for them to win the game, tonight. He needed to contribute more than 2 catches for 4 yards. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to admit that Kittle under-performed tonight. He normally gets close to 65 receiving yards again. Tonight he got FOUR.
He’s not my cousin. He didn’t have a great game. And, he’s also not why they lost. You’re the one looking to die on a hill.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What play was as costly as the ankle muff? I said game after that. Seems evident
That was a pretty costly mistake, yes. Not saying the Chiefs had quite as many mistakes.

The two fumbles, one by each team, 49ers in the 1st qtr, Chiefs in the 2nd, cost both teams TD's. Then the Mahomes INT. After that I'd have to go into more detail or watch the game again.

It was a game the 49ers could have won, probably should have won. But they didn't. The Chiefs did just enough to win and overcome some their mistakes. I was hoping the 49ers could win and overcome their mistakes. they didn't. Happy either way.