*** Official SELECTION SUNDAY Thread ***

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I like our draw. It's so stupid we're in the same region as Iowa. Hawks got the easiest 7-seed path to the S16 IMO. Gonzaga has not impressed me at all.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
UCLA and Indiana -- NO WAY should they be in!! Georgetown and Xavier getting as high seeding as they did were also head-scratchers! Gottleib was exactly correct on his analyses and his questions to the Committee Chairman. The reasoning given about UCLA's inclusion in the field made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. However, that said, once we get by UAB, I'd love to put a major beat down on "the Hair's" team!!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
True, but who have they beat?
Teams much better than ones we have lost to. They have a lot of talent and are a hot team that just won their conference tourney (including on the road against UConn). Brown is an NBA HOF coach, and imo one of our biggest advantages in the tournament is Hoiball and the NBA approach.

If we get past UAB, I am not saying we will lose by any means, but I don't see it as the favorable draw compared to other 6/11s.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Unless Iowa has 5 players they haven't shown to date, why would we lose to them?

Same reason we lost to Tech. Cold shooting, not respecting the opponent, opponent playing out of their minds and playing in a morgue (neutral venue). Plenty of factors can add up to an unexpected loss, and I really don't want us to have to be a part of it. Hoping Iowa loses early.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Teams much better than ones we have lost to. They have a lot of talent and are a hot team that just won their conference tourney (including on the road against UConn). Brown is an NBA HOF coach, and imo one of our biggest advantages in the tournament is Hoiball and the NBA approach.

If we get past UAB, I am not saying we will lose by any means, but I don't see it as the favorable draw compared to other 6/11s.

Who other than UConn have they beat?

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
My reasoning for not wanting to see the Hoks in the S16 is not that I am scared that we could lose, it's the fact that I want them to lose in the first round - I never want the Hoks to win!

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
gosh, Louisville is a nice town. Be nice to go to the games but I'll be lucky to be home at a decent time Thursday.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Not a lot of shocks overall, to me.

Suprises:
* Xavier seeded that high
* Dayton seeded so low
* Ole Miss in
* Not surprised IU got in, but two Big Ten teams playing as a 10 vs. non-major (Ohio State-VCU, Indian-Wichita State). Wasn't expecting that.