***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
I think by giving away the first game, Boston wins 4-1.

I had Boston in 7, but this is the kind of thing that just breaks your mojo.
I don't see that. I feel like it breaks your mojo having everything bounce your way and still losing but that's not what that game was. Boston played a good game and still was almost beat. It wasn't like the shocker they had against Cleveland last series. Could they play better? Absolutely, but I think this game was a good representation of the players they have.

On the other side, I thought the Pacers played pretty poorly to start and to close, and was exactly who they normally are in between. Being able to hang with Boston in Boston should be a confidence boost in my opinion not a detriment.

My guess is this is a home team win series the rest of the way, and Boston wins in 7. Porzingas coming back is the wild card. I could see him coming back and causing immediate problems, because I don't think the Pacers have the guys to match up with him in the line up, mostly because it will probably force Siakem off of Tatum onto him, and then Nembhard will have to guard Brown and I don't think he has the size to do that effectively.

• Optimistic
Reactions: drmwevr08

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Tyrese is good enough on defense, and his amazing shots and assists kept the Pacers in this game. Don't get all the negatives thrown his way. He admitted the ball went off his leg on the critical play and he was defended by one of the NBA's best.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Didn't watch last night watched a replay though. Man on the last offensive play of regulation Hali had a great uncontested look right after getting the ball. Should of taken the 3 earlier than he did.

However that shouldn't of been an issue if they took care of business on defense before that.

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
Didn't watch last night watched a replay though. Man on the last offensive play of regulation Hali had a great uncontested look right after getting the ball. Should of taken the 3 earlier than he did.

However that shouldn't of been an issue if they took care of business on defense before that.
I think a tiny part of the reason he didn't take that early long 3 was last year he got absolutely ridiculed when he was a guest commentator. Jordan Poole missed almost the exact shot to lose and Tyrese said he actually didn't mind the shot, which set everyone else off. So I think it was probably in the back of his mind (which is silly, but we're all human).

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Such a missed opportunity. Very uphill now, even moreso.

Boston likely will adjust and play better in game 2. Down 0-2 will be a killer against the Celtics.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm happy he made an all league team but without seeing the teams I can't help that he should be higher than 3rd team.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Well.....CONGRATS TO TYRESE! 3rd team all NBA and an additional 41 Million dollars!

Reactions: carvers4math

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I'm happy he made an all league team but without seeing the teams I can't help that he should be higher than 3rd team.
He had a statistical downturn in the 2nd half of the season. Largely due to his lingering back injury. 3rd team seems appropriate imo.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who knows they could still get swept...but through 5 quarters on the road this isn't a terrible matchup for the Pacers at all.

They outplayed them in game one even with a horrible first quarter if not for one sided officiating all through regulation. Now they look like the better team first quarter of this one.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Pacers are legit going to push this series to the limit let’s gooooo