<<Official Movie Talk Thread>>

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Finally saw Dear Evan Hansen yesterday with my wife and we both really enjoyed it, if you can get past the main actor (same guy who was in stage play) playing a high schooler all while looking like a 35 year old (I believe he is something like 28, but looks an old 28). While not on The Greatest Showman or Lala Land level music wise, I still found the music to be quite good, as it was done by the same team who did those movies.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw The King's Man last night and wow, I actually quite liked it and found it to be way better than I thought. In fact, it probably is my favorite movie of the series now, which was not what I expected with its somewhat mixed critic reception on Rotten Tomatoes. Granted, I did see that this is one of the few movies with a decently lower critics rating than audience rating. In fact, its audience rating of 80% is pretty good. I also didn't expect how much different in tone it would be from the other two movies, but in a good way I'd say. It is much more of a serious war movie than I expected, has much less language and humor than the other two, but all the while is still very much a Kingsman movie, especially by the end. My only complaints really are that it is a bit of a slow burn for the first half of the movie as it sets everything up. Also, like all the other Kingmen movies, its probably about 15-20 minutes longer than it needs to be. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend and be curious if anyone else is pleasantly surprised.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Saw the new Tetris movie on AppleTV+ last night and that movie has to win one of the awards for one of the best movie you never thought you wanted to see. Man, that movie was intense and fascinating throughout. Who would have thought the origin of Tetris would have been so interesting?

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
Saw the new Tetris movie on AppleTV+ last night and that movie has to win one of the awards for one of the best movie you never thought you wanted to see. Man, that movie was intense and fascinating throughout. Who would have thought the origin of Tetris would have been so interesting?

It's over-the-top, but I liked the movie quite a bit. I grew up playing Tetris on long car rides using the OG Gameboy and a Lightboy. I have to admit I was a bit giddy when they did that reveal.

Reactions: Triggermv

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Wow. Pretty amazing reactions for The Creator coming out with some calling it the best sci-fi epic in years. I'm definitely checking this one out in theaters now.
I've been super excited about this one since the first ad I saw. Glad to see it's getting good initial reactions

Reactions: Triggermv

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just watched Blackberry. (As in the phone company)

Good movie, Glen Howerton with a bald cap was interesting. His role was really like Dennis on Sunny.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Finally saw Dear Evan Hansen yesterday with my wife and we both really enjoyed it, if you can get past the main actor (same guy who was in stage play) playing a high schooler all while looking like a 35 year old (I believe he is something like 28, but looks an old 28). While not on The Greatest Showman or Lala Land level music wise, I still found the music to be quite good, as it was done by the same team who did those movies.

If you liked this, it's a lot more heartfelt than Theater Camp, but I found Theater Camp to be a lot of fun.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Kevin Costner has a 4 part western coming out. Part 1 in June, Part 2 in August.
Still needs to make parts 3 & 4

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I watched Beau is Afraid last weekend, or should I say endured it.
Not sure why some people call it brilliant. It made no sense to me. I must not be high brow enough. Either that or I wasn't high enough.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron