***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think our fans would travel better, but when you factor in everything else, Texas is more attractive.

Likewise, I think Texas gets passed on the the Alamo Bowl just based on their fan bases proximity to San Antonio. So while Texas brings in better ratings, more ad revenue, etc., they dont bring in as great of an economic impact to San Antonio.

I know bowls like to brag about the total economic impact they bring to the overall economy, but I just have this feeling the good boys club board of directors don't really care about the grater impact of the city. I assume all they care about is selling as many tickets as possible and ad revenue for the game to pad their salary. Economic impact probably allows them good talking points in their respective cities in order to the city to bend over backwards to get what the bowl wants.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I know bowls like to brag about the total economic impact they bring to the overall economy, but I just have this feeling the good boys club board of directors don't really care about the grater impact of the city. I assume all they care about is selling as many tickets as possible and ad revenue for the game to pad their salary. Economic impact probably allows them good talking points in their respective cities in order to the city to bend over backwards to get what the bowl wants.

If the particular bowl game doesn't help the local economy the the local businesses have no reason to support it. The bowl needs the local business support to keep existing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Let's not kid ourselves, if Ohio State was sitting where OU is right now (with the exact same resume as OU has), there would be no question that if they won their championship game they would jump Utah.

With that being said, and I hate to say this, but I think Baylor is probably better than OU, and if Baylor wins tomorrow they should probably jump Utah as well, but it would be awesome if they don't because of their absolutely atrocious and embarrassing non conference schedule.

• Creative
Reactions: tolstoy

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Let's not kid ourselves, if Ohio State was sitting where OU is right now (with the exact same resume as OU has), there would be no question that if they won their championship game they would jump Utah.

With that being said, and I hate to say this, but I think Baylor is probably better than OU, and if Baylor wins tomorrow they should probably jump Utah as well, but it would be awesome if they don't because of their absolutely atrocious and embarrassing non conference schedule.

I mean OU spotted BU 28 points and home field advantage and still won. BU is not the better team

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I mean OU spotted BU 28 points and home field advantage and still won. BU is not the better team

I hope you're right, but Baylor just laid down after getting up so much IMO. They should have known better, especially against OU, but they didn't.

We'll find out tomorrow I guess. I'd love to see OU destroy them, but I think it will likely come down to another shootout..... which the media will love so they can just trash Big 12 defenses again.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Downtown Orlando was fun! Hamburger Mary’s was great! Great food/drink, art, night life, etc. Only negative was traffic! Disney Springs shopping was a cool place, also!

Somehow, I think if we went to Orlando, a chain hamburger place and a shopping mall are probably not going to be the hot spots.

• Winner
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Somehow, I think if we went to Orlando, a chain hamburger place and a shopping mall are probably not going to be the hot spots.

I'll be hosting a tailgate that the McDonald's on the corner of 91st and Sunshine Pkwy.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
All of these potentially match-ups are nightmares. Air Force, Navy, and Kentucky will run all over this defense and dominate time of possession. Texas A&M and ND have way more talent. Wazzou is about the only potentially match-up I’d feel good about

We might as well decline any invitation then, since we'll just lose...

C'mon; stop being silly and stop whining. We're likely to play at least a decent to a good team in any bowl matchup, whether it's a P5 or a G5 team. It does absolutely no good to quiver in your boots about who we could play and fret about possibly losing.

Those teams and their fans could be saying the exact same thing about us.

• Agree
Reactions: DiehardClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

The economic impact probably matters to certain bowls/communities more than others. San Antonio really embraces the Alamo Bowl but can you say the same for Orlando and the Camping World Bowl?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I hope you're right, but Baylor just laid down after getting up so much IMO. They should have known better, especially against OU, but they didn't.

We'll find out tomorrow I guess. I'd love to see OU destroy them, but I think it will likely come down to another shootout..... which the media will love so they can just trash Big 12 defenses again.

Honestly, I think their first game had more to do with OU not taking Baylor seriously enough. If OU gets the first punch in tomorrow I can see it getting out of hand fast. My prediction is that OU puts together their best game of the season and wins comfortably.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Also, I think that OU's best WR didn't play that game (concussion protocol) and will be playing Saturday. Lastly, OU will dominate the attendance - I think BU fans will show up but not nearly as many.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My guess is the City and Chambers are big partners in the bowl game and they care quite a bit about economic impact.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
All of these potentially match-ups are nightmares. Air Force, Navy, and Kentucky will run all over this defense and dominate time of possession. Texas A&M and ND have way more talent. Wazzou is about the only potentially match-up I’d feel good about

Lolz, okay. There's not one player or coach at ISU that is even slightly intimidated by the jizz jars or the leprechauns. I'd love for aTm or ND to get a chance to prove how much more talented they are than ISU.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Lolz, okay. There's not one player or coach at ISU that is even slightly intimidated by the jizz jars or the leprechauns. I'd love for aTm or ND to get a chance to prove how much more talented they are than ISU.

There's no question ND has more 4 and 5 star recruits than ISU. It's not the talent level Irish fans are worried about with the Cyclones, it's Matt Campbell and his coaching staff.

• Disagree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: FatNTired and acody

dsreid

Dec 7, 2007
NW Iowa
So if Oregon pulls out this W, OU beats the bad bears tomorrow but barely, that puts OU at 4th CFP spot, Baylor maybe* in NY6, where does that likely put us? Memphis still?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So if Oregon pulls out this W, OU beats the bad bears tomorrow but barely, that puts OU at 4th CFP spot, Baylor maybe* in NY6, where does that likely put us? Memphis still?

Better shot at Houston or Orlando. Probably still Memphis though

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron