OFFICIAL Going to Dallas Thread

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Bought tickets right when they went on sale on 11/20, will be driving down with wife & bro in law Friday, coming back Sunday. Have family to stay with in Dallas, overall pretty damn affordable trip. Glad I have the opportunity as it's hard to say whether whatever bowl we end up in will allow fans or not..

Section 439!

TexCyted

Oct 30, 2018
DFW
Had a friend down here that bought WS tickets for him and his son. Different venue but same set of rules. He also had to buy a pod of six. He sold the remaining four on Craigslist and sent them digitally.

AT&T COVID POLICIES

They won't check, but it is a rule.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Sounds like I’ll be buying 6 tickets for 3 people. Ugh.

Edit: Actually, how is that going to work if season ticket holders can only purchase 4?

I'm also curious about the "requirement" to buy 6. When I bought mine yesterday morning, I would have loved to have bought 6, but was limited to 4. Perhaps it is just a matter of them running out of pods of 4 tickets, so now only pods of 6 are available.

Waddyswagon

Dec 8, 2020
Not sure how many are familiar with JerryWorld. It is a magnificent structure but possibly the worst stadium to watch a game in I've ever been in. The acoustics are terrible. The lower level elevation is way too shallow and the video screen is so big it is distracting. I have been to numerous games there. It is also isolated. No bars or restaurants around it although with the virus that is probably not an issue. It is likely neither team will have an edge in terms of the crowd. Normally, the crowd would be close to 70% OU. Obvious proximity to Ok. and the Metroplex is a huge OU community. I'd normally recommend staying in Ft. Worth but again, the virus changes everything. Hope everyone enjoys their visit to Texas.

Reactions: cyfan4St8

Waddyswagon

Dec 8, 2020
I'm going to go ahead and mention J. Gilligan's Sports Bar. Probably not an option with the virus but a great place fairly close to the stadium and for $5 they offer a shuttle service to and from the stadium. There are parking lots close to the bar where you can park. Parking at JerryWorld is expensive.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Anybody know the beer prices at Jerry’s World? Just want to mentally prepare myself, even though I should be used to it living in Chicago and wasting $ on overpriced everything at any event.

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I'm also curious about the "requirement" to buy 6. When I bought mine yesterday morning, I would have loved to have bought 6, but was limited to 4. Perhaps it is just a matter of them running out of pods of 4 tickets, so now only pods of 6 are available.
Our original email about tickets said we could only purchase up to 4 at our level, but once they ran out of pods of 2 and 4, then sent us an updated email and our level showed we could get up to 6.

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
This is incredibly silly, but if they have collector cups at the stadium will somebody pick me up a couple? I will pay for some of your beverages.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
This is incredibly silly, but if they have collector cups at the stadium will somebody pick me up a couple? I will pay for some of your beverages.

I've got a used Cyclone nut cup I'll let go cheap.
Hasn't seen much use lately.