OFFICIAL Going to Dallas Thread

MisterO

Proverbs 19:11
Dec 6, 2020
Just got my tickets today- had to buy 5 and I might have one to sell if anyone needs one.

Staying at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine- awesome place to be and about 20 mins from the stadium and right by DFW airport. Go Cyclones!

Clonestarred

Oct 5, 2020
Not sure how many are familiar with JerryWorld. It is a magnificent structure but possibly the worst stadium to watch a game in I've ever been in. The acoustics are terrible. The lower level elevation is way too shallow and the video screen is so big it is distracting. I have been to numerous games there. It is also isolated. No bars or restaurants around it although with the virus that is probably not an issue. It is likely neither team will have an edge in terms of the crowd. Normally, the crowd would be close to 70% OU. Obvious proximity to Ok. and the Metroplex is a huge OU community. I'd normally recommend staying in Ft. Worth but again, the virus changes everything. Hope everyone enjoys their visit to Texas.
Texas Live is just East of the stadium so there are bars and restaurants by AT&T. The acoustics at AT&T are very good as I have been there many many times but you do find yourself looking at the massive video board at times.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Texas Live is just East of the stadium so there are bars and restaurants by AT&T. The acoustics at AT&T are very good as I have been there many many times but you do find yourself looking at the massive video board at times.
Well, since we're season ticket holders, and donors, the university saved us from staring at the massive video board by burying us in the endzone. Just like the Alamo

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I am sure the Dallas area Cyclone club will have a huge tailgate before the game and something the night before, if allowed. We have always gone through them when we attend road games in Texas.
Great group of people, and they make you feel like you are at a home game on the road.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I am sure the Dallas area Cyclone club will have a huge tailgate before the game and something the night before, if allowed. We have always gone through them when we attend road games in Texas.
Great group of people, and they make you feel like you are at a home game on the road.

Nope. Not allowed.

I agree, great people though!

• Informative
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Waddyswagon

Dec 8, 2020
Depends on what you mean by close. The normal venues one would see around a big stadium simply do not exist around JerryWorld. I too have been to many games there.

Clonestarred

Oct 5, 2020
Well, since we're season ticket holders, and donors, the university saved us from staring at the massive video board by burying us in the endzone. Just like the Alamo
We are corner of the end zone. We are Cowboy season ticket holders and were given the option of buying one day before they went on sale to the public. I would think with limited seating, the best seats were held for the schools.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Only been to Austin and San Antonio in TX, any of you guys have some recommendations for food spots, Patio bars and other attractions? We are staying at the Sheraton right there in Arlington, so should be able to get around fairly easily.

TheSammo

Nov 23, 2012
Staying at Hyatt Place North Arlington. Google says it’s 11 minute drive. North of the stadium. Got two rooms, two double beds and a sofa sleeper in each room, $122 per night per room.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Only been to Austin and San Antonio in TX, any of you guys have some recommendations for food spots, Patio bars and other attractions? We are staying at the Sheraton right there in Arlington, so should be able to get around fairly easily.
Honestly it probably depends on what will be open.

Iajeff6785

Feb 29, 2016
If anyone is looking for a ride down and/or back, my brother and I will be leaving Fri morning and returning Sunday. Room for 2 or 3 (back seat of 4 door F-150)

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
I know that it is a new stadium and not many people have gotten a chance to do this, but has any one here been able to do the Globe Life Field tour?

I would have liked to tour AT&T Stadium, but that is not an option with the high school games and Big 12 Championship being played. I am looking to see if the next best thing is worth it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just purchased some tickets in Section 303. In-laws live 20 minutes from the Stadium. Should be a good time. Promised my in-law a bottle of Cody Roads also.

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Bought two tickets during open window on Tuesday, tested for Covid on Wednesday (symptoms started on Tuesday) and got positive results on Thursday. I should be right at end of quarantine next Thursday. Plan is still to leave early next Friday, driving down. My fingers are crossed that I keep feeling better each day from today going forward.

Help Support Us

Become a patron