****Official Class Of 2023 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I knew John through friends in college and he was always a super good dude. I'm not sure I would call it a mistake though, it definitely paid off haha.

To my knowledge Fred knew what was going on beforehand and chose not to address it directly. Not that it matters but John wasn't the only guy involved either.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I was looking at 2023 prospects and saw that a top five player named Omaha Biliew lives in Des Moines. It’s super early, but if he’s considered one of the five best eighth graders now, dude has to be a legit P5 prospect. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/master-class-top-100-high-school-players-nos-61-80

No. 64 - Omaha Biliew
etltb1dkhppzxj5zkt2s

-

NATIONAL

-

STATE

-

POSITION
OMAHA
BILIEW

RANK
N/A
6'7" | 200 LBS | PF
DOWLING
WEST DES MOINES, IA
CLASS OF 2023
UNDECIDED
The first freshman to make the list, he’s already made waves during USA Basketball events. Good skill and athleticism to go along with his size and his future is promising.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
He is legit. Then again anyone who is 6'7 inches in Iowa in the 8th grade is legit. I have seen so many "Next big things" in 6-8th grade fizzle out because everyone else catches up to them. I remember McDermott got a 2010 recruit (Think it was McDermott) and he committed to us, then he ended up at like North Dakota because he really was not as good at first. Everyone though he was the next Raef and he turned out to just be a decent mid major player.
Jordan Dykstra. Ended up playing at South Dakota State and had a good career there. But you are right, he didn't exactly live up to the "next big thing" offer as an 8th grader hype. Definitely didn't turn out to be a major conference player.