###Official CFP Title Game Thread%%%

Who wins tonight?

• Total voters

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
LSU's s defense has gotten a lot better and look like they know what play is coming. And those two wrs are dominant

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I think that was a bad PI call on the Clemson TD, but I love it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Rush 3, Drop 8.....LOL. Waiting for Herbstreit to get an ISU jab in....you know he want to. It can work for Clemson against Wake Forest....but not today. The talent and quarterback deficit has to be appropriate for that gimmick defense to work.
It can also work against very good QBs. ISU beat Heisman contenders with it. What made it so lethal for ISU in the Big 12 initially was the coordinators in the league. The spread offenses in the league were so wrapped up in having to have the big plays that they couldn't just be patient and give what the defense was giving them. They had to feed their egos and go after the big plays. Eventually they figured out that you can be patient and take the 5 yard out, 4 yard crossing pattern and 3 yard rush and move the ball right down the field. When you start trying to force it into that 8 man cloud you end up making big mistakes.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
LSU went to the Thuggins school of defense. Regardless, Lawrence has been off and getting worse as the game goes on. Not used to being down I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
It can also work against very good QBs. ISU beat Heisman contenders with it. What made it so lethal for ISU in the Big 12 initially was the coordinators in the league. The spread offenses in the league were so wrapped up in having to have the big plays that they couldn't just be patient and give what the defense was giving them. They had to feed their egos and go after the big plays. Eventually they figured out that you can be patient and take the 5 yard out, 4 yard crossing pattern and 3 yard rush and move the ball right down the field. When you start trying to force it into that 8 man cloud you end up making big mistakes.
Good points....and the three man rush we had (miss you Lima already) could disrupt against the relative talent we were against most games for a couple years there. the third and longs are still just too hard to accept and that is the down we/Clemson/anyone will cease running it.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The talent level of these two teams is just unbelievable. The thing that has held the SEC teams not named Alabama or Florida was they were undisciplined and poor quarterback play.

LSU went out and got a QB, bet Nebraska is just kicking themselves, thinking Burrows was not good enough to play for them, and turned him down.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Here's a crazy thought. How about the first playoff game at noon. The College Natty at 3:30 and the NFL nightcap at 7?? I would get drunk and enjoy. Anyone else?

No space that **** out for multiple party opportunities.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm waiting for any of the talking heads this morning to say -- "Can you believe the great Urban Meyer didn't want to start this Burrow kid?"

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yeah but we can't pay players officially because that would ruin college sports.... Sure.:rolleyes:

I think this OBJ thing kind of proves my concern. LSU and other schools have Boosters willing to throw that money around whereas ISU doesn't.

I'd love to see someone name 1 legitimate booster ISU has that would be willing to throw cash around like OBJ was.