Official Bowl Watch thread

• Politics and In-State Rivals Threads - You will notice that you may or may not be seeing expected posts from the Politics and In-State Rivals forums.

Due to the nature of these forums, they have been changed from an opt-out to opt-in design - meaning you must opt-in to see them. Unfortunately, that only changes the default for new registrations. Your selections right now are likely not what you want.

You can opt-in/out to either the Politics or In-State Rivals Forums in your user settings (click for instructions to learn more).

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Big 12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Big 12 team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the SEC – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big 12 team this year in the Rose Bowl.

College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected

1. Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) vs. SEC
2. Valero Alamo Bow (San Antonio) vs. Pac-12
3. Camping World Bow (Orlando) vs. ACC
4. Texas Bowl (Houston) vs. SEC
5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Memphis) vs. SEC
6. Cheez-It Bowl (Phoenix) vs. Pac-12
7. Armed Forces Bowl (Ft. Worth) vs. American Athletic

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...college-football-playoff-conference-2018-2019

Does the Big XII still have an official tie to the Sugar? I thought as of a couple years ago that was gone? That there is no official tie to a certain New Years 6 bowl just that the champion will get one, Unlike the B1G still has an official tie to the Rose unless its a playoff?

• Disagree
Reactions: harimad

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Yes, Big 12 Champion if not in the Playoff goes to the Sugar Bowl via the tie-in.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
"If!" o_O How long is it going to take? :eek: Makes me wonder how hard you are trying! ;)

Agreed. At mercy of my son. Had us all set to come to last Spring game and he backed out.
Just not a solo type guy. Need a wing man. Actually just don't like driving. I'm a speeding ticket magnet.:oops:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Anyone who’s still projecting us for the Cheez-it bowl isn’t a credible source.

Or they think we're going to lose to Texas and get upset by at least one other team, in which Cheez-It might be our best option.

Hey - everyone has a right to their own opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.