Official Bowl Watch thread

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Here is the bowl selection order (following CFP and NY6). If we beat Tech, it would be great if OU or UT made the CFP and everyone moves up a spot, giving us a shot at Alamo if we can finish 8-4.

Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
AutoZone Liberty
Cactus
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces

It feels like this our likelihood:

9 - 3 Valero Alamo
8 - 4 Camping World
7 - 5 Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl

x - x AutoZone Liberty
6 - 6 Cactus
5 - 7 Lockheed Martin Armed Forces

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Here is the bowl selection order (following CFP and NY6). If we beat Tech, it would be great if OU or UT made the CFP and everyone moves up a spot, giving us a shot at Alamo if we can finish 8-4.

Valero Alamo
Camping World
Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
AutoZone Liberty
Cactus
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces

That's helpful, thanks. I don't pay close enough attention to the bowl affiliations by conference or the general pecking-order. ISU hasn't been in the mix frequently or consistently for me to track it closely year-to-year.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
That's helpful, thanks. I don't pay close enough attention to the bowl affiliations by conference or the general pecking-order. ISU hasn't been in the mix frequently or consistently for me to track it closely year-to-year.

Its not just about the playoffs its the new years 6, we got 1 in the playoff last yr and didnt move up because they were the only team in the conference to make either, if texas and OU keep winning the both could end up in the playoffs or NY6, moving everyone up a slot.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Man getting Stanford, USC, Auburn or some other team with tradition like that would be great.

Would make beating them so much better. Those teams probably barely know we exist.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
What are the rankings for Big 12 bowls best to worse?
Big 12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Big 12 team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the SEC – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big 12 team this year in the Rose Bowl.

College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected

1. Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) vs. SEC
2. Valero Alamo Bow (San Antonio) vs. Pac-12
3. Camping World Bow (Orlando) vs. ACC
4. Texas Bowl (Houston) vs. SEC
5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Memphis) vs. SEC
6. Cheez-It Bowl (Phoenix) vs. Pac-12
7. Armed Forces Bowl (Ft. Worth) vs. American Athletic

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...college-football-playoff-conference-2018-2019

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Big 12 Bowl Ties, Affiliations
A Big 12 team will be in the Sugar Bowl vs. the SEC – it’ll be the champion if not in the College Football Playoff. There can’t be a Big 12 team this year in the Rose Bowl.

College Football Playoff Semifinal: If Selected

1. Sugar Bowl (New Orleans) vs. SEC
2. Valero Alamo Bow (San Antonio) vs. Pac-12
3. Camping World Bow (Orlando) vs. ACC
4. Texas Bowl (Houston) vs. SEC
5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl (Memphis) vs. SEC
6. Cheez-It Bowl (Phoenix) vs. Pac-12
7. Armed Forces Bowl (Ft. Worth) vs. American Athletic

https://collegefootballnews.com/201...college-football-playoff-conference-2018-2019

I saw next year the Big 12 returns to the Heart of Dallas Bowl (now named SERVPRO First Reponders Bowl), and we drop the Armed Forces Bowl.

At least the Heart of Dallas is (was) played in the Cotton Bowl. The Armed Forces Bowl is in TCU stadium. Wonder if they even serve beer there.

Lord, our bowl tie-ins suck.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
One of the last things I would want is to travel somewhere and see a ton of hawk fans. I leave the Midwest to get away from these mouth-breathers.

Good Point. Although, your statement does bring in to question what orifice you breathe from.

• Dislike
Reactions: TXCyclones

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I like to Big10 setup for bowls: Cali, Flordia, Florida, Cali & Nashville

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12

2. Citrus Bowl vs. ACC or SEC
– Agreement for Citrus is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota or Michigan, if possible.

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan or Northwestern, if possible.

4. San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Pac-12
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin or Michigan State, if possible.

5. TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC OR
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl vs. SEC

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Nihawk

Nov 3, 2009
I like to Big10 setup for bowls: Cali, Flordia, Florida, Cali & Nashville

1. Rose Bowl vs. Pac-12

2. Citrus Bowl vs. ACC or SEC
– Agreement for Citrus is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota or Michigan, if possible.

3. Outback Bowl vs. SEC
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan or Northwestern, if possible.

4. San Diego Country Credit Union Holiday Bowl vs. Pac-12
– Agreement is for five different teams in six years, so no Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin or Michigan State, if possible.

5. TaxSlayer Bowl vs. SEC OR
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl vs. SEC
The Big Ten does have a good bowl set up. I would like to get rid of Tax Slayer. The Alamo is a fantastic bowl and would like the big ten to get aligned with it again.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I hope you play Iowa in your bowl. You would get one hell of a lot of support around here.

That a boys or cash?????

I could do a GOFUNDME page on here and get my expenses paid for a Tol vs. IOWA SCUM Bowl Game....great idea!!! Actually, how about a GOFUNDME page on here to pay my expenses to come to an ISU home game??? Anyone buying? Literally....lol.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That a boys or cash?????

I could do a GOFUNDME page on here and get my expenses paid for a Tol vs. IOWA SCUM Bowl Game....great idea!!! Actually, how about a GOFUNDME page on here to pay my expenses to come to an ISU home game??? Anyone buying? Literally....lol.
Busch light

cypher

Jan 21, 2012
NW Iowa
That a boys or cash?????

Can't be that expensive to drive over from Ohio. We have extra room in the Motorhome if you need a place to crash after the game.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Okay here I go.

1] My dream matchup since my son played for most of current ISU staff at Toledo.
2] Since this dream match up[my opinion], would probably convince my wife[boss] of value of attending.
3] Best MAC team usually is ranked in top 25, that was Toledo last year. Informed football fans are aware of quality no matter what league. Yea, that is a little jab at ya! ;)
4] Nope, warm weather location. Want to see EvilBetty in black high heels, black leggings, and a nasty devil tail.

Just to make sure you know what you are asking for, my avatar, Evil Betty, is a male character from the movie Kung Pow. The real me is also a male. But if thats what floats you boat when ISU plays Toledo, Im in.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Just to make sure you know what you are asking for, my avatar, Evil Betty, is a male character from the movie Kung Pow. The real me is also a male. But if thats what floats you boat when ISU plays Toledo, Im in.

Never know. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks for information though. Us in Midwest eat kung pow??????,not watch it.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Can't be that expensive to drive over from Ohio. We have extra room in the Motorhome if you need a place to crash after the game.

Trying to do a Midwest swindle and you pooped on my scam. On other hand, if I can ever talk my son into the trip, I will stop by for a tailgate beer.:)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Trying to do a Midwest swindle and you pooped on my scam. On other hand, if I can ever talk my son into the trip, I will stop by for a tailgate beer.:)

"If!" o_O How long is it going to take? :eek: Makes me wonder how hard you are trying! ;)