***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Well, that was fun. We just had 70mph winds blow through Muscatine with hail. Only lasted about 15 minutes and just rain now. QC, you are about to get hit.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Well, that was fun. We just had 70mph winds blow through Muscatine with hail. Only lasted about 15 minutes and just rain now. QC, you are about to get hit.
Not bad here in Blue (Gr)ass. Sirens been going off every 10-15 minutes for the last 90 minutes.

It was our turn to water the new trees (3 other neighbors and I planted 55 new arborvitae on Saturday). So I went out and turned on the soaker before the front hit. Then walked the dog around the block instead of the mile loop we normally do.

Reactions: NWICY

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Still don't understand why we didn't get audible alerts on our phone for the Story County tornado warning. The alert came through because we had to dismiss them, but no sound. Talking with folks in the office this morning and it looks to be split pretty close to 50/50 whether the alert was audible or not. We would have slept right through it had I not waken up at 4:30 and happened to check the radar right before the warning came out.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Still don't understand why we didn't get audible alerts on our phone for the Story County tornado warning. The alert came through because we had to dismiss them, but no sound. Talking with folks in the office this morning and it looks to be split pretty close to 50/50 whether the alert was audible or not. We would have slept right through it had I not waken up at 4:30 and happened to check the radar right before the warning came out.
Audible alerts? Guess I didn't know there were such things. We got the two blaring tone alerts.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I heard the sirens about 15-30 seconds before the alert came through, but my brain was still trying to decode what I was hearing. The alert clarified that.

Reactions: ISUcyclones11

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Audible alerts? Guess I didn't know there were such things. We got the two blaring tone alerts.

Same it was annoying as hell at 430 am but I guess it did its job. Anyway I went back to bed after the tornader warning expired 15 minutes later.

Help Support Us

Become a patron