Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Supposed to go to far NW Iowa Monday night for a Tuesday meeting. Told them to hold off on snow until Jan. 17 (Wed.) Apparently that message didn't get to the right people. Guess I'll figure out Sunday or Monday whether it's a go. We're already postponing work events for this and next week.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What are the chances hugh school basketball games get postponed Friday night in eastern Iowa?

And are they usually moved to the next day/night?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I don’t have a snow blower. Long, gravel drive with an approximate 45+ degree incline from road to house, so I use a 4wheeler. Drive goes east/west, so I try to pile everything on the south side. I’m going to have to knock the current pile further into the yard top down with the blade, because the wheeler won’t have the power to take the full load.

I know…”me problem”, but it’s gonna take a lot of doing. Should be fun.
Good luck that sounds like a challenge!

Reactions: enisthemenace

cyspy

Jul 24, 2011
What are the chances hugh school basketball games get postponed Friday night in eastern Iowa?

And are they usually moved to the next day/night?

Depends on how long the wind stays around on Saturday. A high school athletic director told me several years ago that Saturday is the worst day to play rescheduled games because it was hard to find people to show up to take tickets,work in the concession stands,availablility of finding officials etc. Most rescheduled games are played on Mondays or Thursdays.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Can one of the weather people give me an idea of how driving from CR to Waterloo would look Saturday morning?
Interstate-snow-banks-scaled-e1671144685393.jpeg

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My daughter's sporting event on Saturday has already come out and said they are not cancelling. Basically a good 'ol "we don't care if none of you make it here but you aren't getting your money back."

Last edited:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My daughter's sporting event on Saturday has already come out and said they are not cancelling. "We don't care if none of you make it here but you aren't getting your money back."
Seems like a good stance to take if you want fewer entries next year.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic