***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
That would send a terrible message to the team and future prospects.
In today's landscape you really don't need to pull the scholarship. If you really want the guy and he wants to be here just work out his NIL with an agreement he will receive a second NIL to cover the cost of school if a scholarship doesn't open by August.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
In today's landscape you really don't need to pull the scholarship. If you really want the guy and he wants to be here just work out his NIL with an agreement he will receive a second NIL to cover the cost of school if a scholarship doesn't open by August.
From our bottomless pit of NIL money...

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
From our bottomless pit of NIL money...
That's not even the question. If Fish's scholarship was open we'd still need to work out a deal for him. Additional money for his schooling isn't going to break the bank. Besides bringing in a guy with 3 years to play is going to solve the scholarship issue pretty quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
all the money in the world can't buy them an interested fanbase and a program identity.
Yep!

I know several Gopher fans that grew up in MSP, none are collective donors (Even $5 or small one off).

Vikings

(large gap)

Twins
Wild
Wolves

(large gap)

Loons
Gopher Hockey
Gopher Football

(large gap)

Tie between Gopher Basketball and Lynx

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I would tell Fish to go back to the portal if we could snag Toppin. That kid is a badass rebounder, which we need badly.

If we can get Toppin I hope that's exactly what we do. I think Fish will start to contribute and could be really good years 4-5. Strong with a nice midrange shot from what I saw for Mokan and Staley. I also like kids like Watson who want to be in Ames.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If we can get Toppin I hope that's exactly what we do. I think Fish will start to contribute and could be really good years 4-5. Strong with a nice midrange shot from what I saw for Mokan and Staley. I also like kids like Watson who want to be in Ames.
I doubt we get him but if he was the final piece for a legitimate FF run. The cost of a scholarship wouldn't deter us. Basically Blum says we have the funds to secure Toppin, but we could really use an additional 50k to pay for his schooling. Seriously if you wouldn't contribute under those circumstances you really aren't a fan.

• Agree
Reactions: RagingCloner

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I doubt we get him but if he was the final piece for a legitimate FF run. The cost of a scholarship wouldn't deter us. Basically Blum says we have the funds to secure Toppin, but we could really use an additional 50k to pay for his schooling. Seriously if you wouldn't contribute under those circumstances you really aren't a fan.
Intetesting
I think we are done recruiting.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick