***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
First legitimate shock for me in the portal era.

He was doing PR for the university 3 days ago and out promoting his camp with Tytan Anderson yesterday.

Somebody came with a check but it is what it is. I'm guessing St Louis or DePaul but you never know.
Iowa needs a pg it was probably Fran

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
5 new coaches (Drake, Missouri State, Southern Illinois, Indiana State, UIC)

15 of 16 All League players gone. 23 of the Top 25 scorers.

P5s won't play The Valley because they're scared of getting beat but have no issue taking players. Just a really tough place to be.

It really does stink to see this happen. I'm hopeful some of the smaller schools can grab some higher level freshmen with the promise of playing time. I think that's the space they have to operate in going forward.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
It really does stink to see this happen. I'm hopeful some of the smaller schools can grab some higher level freshmen with the promise of playing time. I think that's the space they have to operate in going forward.
Yes - it all really sucks.
Every level will become a feeder system to the next level up. ISU will have more trouble attracting and retaining talent once the B10 and SEC get their big TV money. They have ruined college sports imho. This is why WEWILL is so critical. Brent Blum is doing a fantastic job. It is an extremely difficult job. To my knowledge, we have no billionaire funding our collective like many schools do.
Takes a lot of pizza to offset a single donor who gives millions.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yes - it all really sucks.
Every level will become a feeder system to the next level up. ISU will have more trouble attracting and retaining talent once the B10 and SEC get their big TV money. They have ruined college sports imho. This is why WEWILL is so critical. Brent Blum is doing a fantastic job. It is an extremely difficult job. To my knowledge, we have no billionaire funding our collective like many schools do.
Takes a lot of pizza to offset a single donor who gives millions.

I have absolutely zero inside information, but I'm still a little nervey about our ability to keep our core. Lipsey I don't think would ever leave, but as some of these schools with big donor bases get a little more desperate (Arkansas, Kentucky, etc.) I could see some of our guys getting big offers we can't match.

Just sucks to have to sweat this out every offseason.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and Drew0311

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
One and done has taken on a whole new meaning. Maybe mid-majors will have top recruiting classes and have great seasons, only to lose early in the tournament to older, veteran teams from P5 (or is it 4?) teams.
Reversal of fate.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I haven't seen anything trustworthy - but I saw a random video that predicted he'd go to UCLA, which I thought was an odd landing spot
Just opinion
From what I observed I do not think he is ready to play at a high level. He should transfer down, get playing time and demonstrate his game. If it goes well, transfer back up.

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron