***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Feel like Hadley, Kyle, Jackson are very similar if not an upgrade over King, Ward, Jones. More so offensively than defensively.

Interested to hear what others think.

Hadley is a major upgrade. Really good all around player. He had the highest offensive rating in the entire Pac-12 last season.

Kyle is similar to Ward at this stage in his career but he was only a Sophomore compared to Ward as a 5th year senior. Kyle has the potential to be even better. He has all the physical tools.

I think Dishon will gave us a little more offensively than BRE did but we will miss many of the little things Rob was so good at. His motor was tremendous, he set really good screens, etc.

Last edited:

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Feel like Hadley, Kyle, Jackson are very similar if not an upgrade over King, Ward, Jones. More so offensively than defensively.

Interested to hear what others think.

Hadley vs King-Hadley is better offensively. King is better defensively.
Kyle vs Ward-Kyle has better post moves and can get to the basket better than Ward. Will be more scoring.
Jackson vs Jones-Jones is definitely the better worker of the two but Jackson is the better scorer by far.

So basically, I am saying if we get those 3 the offense will go up, but defense will suffer. But I think over a summer our coaches can instill the defense mindset into the 3 new guys. We are looking really good and definite top 10 preseason if we get all 3 of them.

Reactions: Jkclone15

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Hadley is a major upgrade. Really good all around player. He literally had the highest offensive rating in the entire Pac-12 last season.

Kyle is similar to Ward at this stage in his career but he was only a Sophomore compared to Ward as a 5th year senior. Kyle has the potential to be even better. He has all the physical tools.

I think Dishon will gave us a little more offensively than BRE did but we will miss many of the little things Rob was so good at. His motor was tremendous, he set really good screens, etc.
Is Hadley similar to Brockington? Tough midrange guy who can get to the hoop?

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

Hadley is a low usage, high efficiency offensive player. He doesn't need the ball in his hands to have a big impact which is perfect for what we are looking for. I would describe him as an elite glue guy offensively and a strong, versatile defender. His shot improved dramatically last year albeit on low volume. Can he maintain that efficiency as a 3rd or so option in our offense? His 84% from the free throw line on 137 attempts tells me he has the shooting capability in him. He's also a good athlete at 6'7" who can score in transition as well as take advantage of mismatches in the post. Versatility is key here.

Hadley is probably a natural "3" but can play the "4" in small lineups. Colorado started him at the "3" next to a lighter stretch 4 type similar to Milan.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Hadley is a high efficiency-low volume guy whereas Brockington was an okay efficiency-high volume guy. Hadley's usage rate with Colorado this season (15.6%) would have been the lowest of anyone for Iowa State who played except for Watson.

A couple notable Iowa State/Big 12 player comps on Barttorvik for Hadley's last season--Dustin Hogue and Royce O'Neal. Both big wings who were very efficient offensively, plus contributed in other ways, and weren't close to being the highest-usage players on their teams. Those are the kinds of X-factor guys that a contending team needs to fill out the lineup.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Hadley is a high efficiency-low volume guy whereas Brockington was an okay efficiency-high volume guy. Hadley's usage rate with Colorado this season (15.6%) would have been the lowest of anyone for Iowa State who played except for Watson.

A couple notable Iowa State/Big 12 player comps on Barttorvik for Hadley's last season--Dustin Hogue and Royce O'Neal. Both big wings who were very efficient offensively, plus contributed in other ways, and weren't close to being the highest-usage players on their teams. Those are the kinds of X-factor guys that a contending team needs to fill out the lineup.
It still amazes me how much better Hogue got as time went on, his senior year he was terrific. Love guys that improve like that while here. Matt Thomas, Naz and yeah, BRE, three more examples.

prosey18

Aug 7, 2017

Spot on take. He's not quite as explosive as Brockington but has a smooth game, knows how to use his body well and can post up undersized 3s, and would be a great shooting piece (.637 TS %)

Reactions: Cyburbbalz

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I'd compare Hadley to Hogue with a better more consistent pt shot. He'll fill Kings role as slightly undersized PF but can play SF when MM needs a breather.
Heise is closer to a Brockington SG role if you looking for that this transfer class.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It still amazes me how much better Hogue got as time went on, his senior year he was terrific. Love guys that improve like that while here. Matt Thomas, Naz and yeah, BRE, three more examples.
Add Ejim to that list, but I agree totally. One of my favorite things about college basketball is watching players improve over the course of their stay.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I’m going to trust you guys on this one, I’m just not as high on him.

Given he has interest from a lot of good P6, including UConn, we couldn’t afford a better (more proven) frontcourt prospect imo.

From what I’ve heard, if not for our connections, Kyle may be past our type too